RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I decided to rejoin the rc51 world. I just bought myself a 04 Nicky Hayden replica bike with only 3400 miles. It has an undertail, leo vince exhaust, and as far as I know that is it. I plan on doing the flapper mod and pcIII if one is not already on there. I pick it up in two weeks and can not wait. Currently in the garage is a 2006 GSXR 1000 with yosh pipe, pcIII, bmc race filter and other goodies. Its a fun bike but I miss the V-twin so for know Ill have two bikes until I get the gixxer sold. I also had a 07 1000rr that was worked over. I am huge Nicky Hayden fan so this is a real treat for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Welcome. So you had an RC before huh? That's cool. That's a great find, only 3400 miles.
What about that windscreen? looks dark to me. Aftermarket?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had an 01 for a riding season. A kid hit in a parking lot when he was backing up so it was pieced together. It was a fun bike for sure. The windscreen looked stock with a repsol sticker on the top of it but on a further look it could be aftermarket. I plan to do a dark double bubble. It has 5 repsol stickers on it. two on the tail, two below the hrc sticker, and on on the windscreen.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here is a picture of it

Attachments

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Good stuff. I like the look of the factory windscreen better than a double bubble. But I wouldn't change my double bubble cause it's so much more effective against helmet buffeting for me.
Man, this is going to be a long two weeks...
of waiting...
Cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its def going to be a long two weeks worth of waiting. I am on the search for a repsol rr now to trade the gsxr in on

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Down to one week until pick up...so excited to get back on a rc. I loved my last one got some dealer posters and nicky hayden stuff for the garage. I have a few bites on the gixxer and as soon as thats gone im on the hunt for a 05 repsol 1000 for a stable mate :)

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you came back to the dark side, don't think I could ever part with mine but glad you're back and ready to ride that sexy piggy!

James

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And she is home. 12 hrs in a single cab s10 in one trip. Git home at 2:30am but it was worth the drive. Pictures will be up today and already working on the mod list for winter. PcIII usb, gutted intake, bmc filter, new tires, crg shorty levers, and a stabalizer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts