RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years of drooling and wishing I owned an RC51, I finally decided to buy one. I've been riding I-4 liter bikes for years and just came off a 2008 CBR 1Krr so this is a big change for me. The last twin I owned was a 2007 Superduke which was probably the most fun I ever had on 2 wheels. The sound of this machine makes the Superduke sound weak.. I love the gear driven cams and the exhaust note is awesome..

The bike I bought is a 2000 #311 as you probably figured from my forum name..:D I am the second owner and the bike has only 8,500 miles. it's in excellent condition for it's age and is stock other than Erion Racing slip-ons. the guy I bought it from took it to his dealer for service so from the looks of it, the only thing that's ever been done are oil changes and lube and adjusting the chain. There's at least 9 years worth of chain goop around the sprockets.. Other than that, she's very clean. I've spent the past few evenings going over everything, doing some much meeded maintenance and adding a few goodies. The bike only had 300 miles put on it over the past 2 1/2 years..

Changed the oil and filter, BMC race filters, Renthal 15-40 sprockets with RK chain, new NGK plugs, EBC HH brake pads, Hotbodies undertail, Proton front signals, PCIII, flapper mod, changed brake and clutch fluid and went over every nut and bolt to make sure she's good to go. I want to have a custom tune done for the PC but for now I'm just looking for a map that will work.

I can't wait to get her out for a rip to see how she runs. Any advice you guys can give me or any additional maintenace or mods I should do, please let me know. I'm aware of the par removal but I don't really think I want to remove all that stuff. I'm told it doesn't hurt the power or the way the bike runs at all so I don't really see the point. I've also read about the soft limiter removal but I'm not real clear on what I need to do or if it's really needed.

Anyway.. Looking forward to reading up on RC info and hangin around. I'm in Lebanon, PA.

·
Registered
422 Posts
welcome dude

·
Registered
863 Posts
Wow !!! Nobody is gonna help this guy???

Use this map M105-305 and you'll be good to go. Its a good start until you get a custom map. Go here for the soft rev mod http://www.rc51.org/b2a15.htm

The soft rev is good for an additional +/- 5hp but only at the very top of the rev range. There is a soft rev limiter that starts at about 9500rpm. You can keep building rpms till 10500 but your not making any more power and then you'll hit the hard limiter and you can't go any further. This mod allows you to keep making power from 9500rpm and up till you hit the limit at 10500.

Oh and welcome

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow !!! Nobody is gonna help this guy???

Use this map M105-305 and you'll be good to go. Its a good start until you get a custom map. Go here for the soft rev mod http://www.rc51.org/b2a15.htm

The soft rev is good for an additional +/- 5hp but only at the very top of the rev range. There is a soft rev limiter that starts at about 9500rpm. You can keep building rpms till 10500 but your not making any more power and then you'll hit the hard limiter and you can't go any further. This mod allows you to keep making power from 9500rpm and up till you hit the limit at 10500.

Oh and welcome
Thanks! Appreciate the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts