RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've only been here a short while and just wanted to say thank you to all the core members here (new ones too).

Why a "thanks?" Well here's why...well the common bond for one, I know she is old, fat and a little slow but so am I. :)

Also the politeness on this board for the most part, I'm on a few forums one of them a local board where insults and mockery of newb questions about your bike are so common place I rarely visit there any more.

The last time I posted about mods for the bike all I got was "why waste your time with a relic?" comments, made me wish I could reach through the computer.

So that being said I don't frequent there much. The folks here are pretty helpful and courteous and without insults and hash slinging.

So a big shout out to the "family" here and thanks for being a damn good site for info and
being somewhat drama free.

Lord knows we all have enough drama in our lives...

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Well I've only been here a short while and just wanted to say thank you to all the core members here (new ones too).

Why a "thanks?" Well here's why...well the common bond for one, I know she is old, fat and a little slow but so am I. :)

Also the politeness on this board for the most part, I'm on a few forums one of them a local board where insults and mockery of newb questions about your bike are so common place I rarely visit there any more.

The last time I posted about mods for the bike all I got was "why waste your time with a relic?" comments, made me wish I could reach through the computer.

So that being said I don't frequent there much. The folks here are pretty helpful and courteous and without insults and hash slinging.

So a big shout out to the "family" here and thanks for being a damn good site for info and

That was the example I tried to set years ago when this site was just getting started.
Everybody has questions when starting out or getting new bike.
There's no need to belittle a person if they are simply trying to learn.
It's good to see that it has attracted others with the same attitude.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I was a newb once.....and it sucked to when the cyber bullies pointed out the fact that, yeah some of the questions are stupid....but I didn't know.

The RC is not a relic but a classic:D

There is a nice mix here that works well.;)

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Well said Nobody !!! Cheers to all the good folk on here !!!:D
I am still a newbie to all of ya:eek:, but thanks for making me feel right at home:), kinda like bunch of guys getting together in the shop/garage after hours for sh**s n giggles & bike talk..... It's great !!! Thanks to you all from me as well !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts

There's a saying, nobody: "Where ignorance predominates, it invariably asserts itself"
And that's precisely what that statement exemplifies. There's a Goldwing forum that I seldom frequent (not even a member) where the "knowledgeable" members go out fo their way to intimidate and embarrass newcomers that just want to learn or are in need of help/clarification. Thankfully my home forum (GWOF) is more level headed, and we apply a similar ethic to what goes on here and it is very repsectful. I know bikes as a long time rider and big time enthusiast, but my shop skills are, em, well they freakin suck! Never has anyone here ever called me stupid (although I'm sure they may have thought it more than once;)). But I tackle and I learn, sometimes at extra expense, but the next time well, maybe not. Those that choose to belittle rather than assist are just so much dog excrement on my boot heel to be scraped off on the gutter edge. Of course there's the more physical side of a mawashi-geri that is sometimes a more appropriate method but that's rather violent so I leave that untouched.
There's a difference in setting down sound advice in a manner that teaches compared to telling somebody off with the same information. Hat's off to the highly skilled and well seasoned veteran wrenches that abound here and help us fumbling sorts.
Thanks for stating your point so well nobody; couldn't have done it better myself.

·
Registered
609 Posts

A very well made point and thank you for saying it. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to maintenance of the bike. Sometimes I already know the answer, but it's nice to get clarification from someone who really knows what they're doing. Cuts down on time wasted! I also think it says a lot about the types of riders our bikes attract. We're a discerning bunch and ride our bikes for the sake of riding. Not riding for the sake of trying to show off like so many sport bike riders over here do. I do miss chatting with my riding brothers back in England. Bunch of crazy bastards over there. All riders over there are. But I thoroughly enjoy my time spent chatting on this site.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
You're absolutely right, Nobody & thanks for saying so. Mostly I've found this place to have courteous and polite people. It's a nice place to meet owners who like these special bikes and share knowledge about them. Interesting to meet people from all over the world too. Let's all maintain the flavour of this place, it works well.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I wont mention any names.... But for the most part people on here will answer your questions with pleasure even though they may have answered them many times to others. Now i will mention some names subsailor has helped me out quite a bit in tye beginning when i took my bike down to the frame. Stig atvrcr500 etc always ready to share knowledge or a helping hand. Many more than that as well. As you can see it was a little scary but i got it done thanks to the helpful folks on here. This forum and my manual were the most valuable tools

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts