RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled my bike onto a pallet scale at work, just filled the tank too, so it is topped-off heavy...she clicked in at 463lbs.

Weight dropping mods are: Akra carbons, Dymag cast mags, PAIR/flapper mod, undertail, the Elka shock may have added a lb, maybe. Got a Shorai battery, a 520 chain swap, and clip-ons to install as well.

Scott, (CBR400RR) what does your bike weigh?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats with the mods listed, but without the battery, 520, and clip-ons. The battery should make a nice dent, and up high in the center of balance, too. They seem to be listed at 430 dry weight, and my tank is FULL at 463.

·
Registered
428 Posts
the typical weight of gasoline at 72 degrees F is around 6.25lbs per gallon.
(As it becomes cooler it gets more dense and thus weighs more)

Fuel capacity on the RC51 is 18.16 litres (4.80 gallons)

you had about 30lbs of gas in your bike, so your working with 433. dry, thats 3 over stock :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coolant and oil, maybe suspension fluid? I'm not sure how Honda terms dry weight, and if 430 is what they really rated it at...

Somebody with a stocker or near stock go get on a scale!

·
Registered
575 Posts
if you could make 399 wett and street legal would be sick

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just weighed my bikes on an Intercomp scale…

Street 01, stock with Scorpion slip-ons, 459 lbs, ¾ tank of fuel

Track bike (rain) 01, flapper and pair mods, Jardine carbon slip-ons, 448 lbs, ¾ tank of fuel

Track bike 03, flapper, and pair mods, stripped wiring (no ignition) cam gear mod, Ohlins front and rear, Akra full Ti exhaust and Marchesini rims, 418 lbs, ½ tank of fuel

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Scale calibrations maybe? I think ours is checked/calibrated once a year, maybe twice. Perhaps my Sargent seat weighs a ton...haha. The PC-3 adds a wopping 1/2 pound...I weighed it just to see what I'm working with and to throw the number out for others. 399 would be wicked, I want to say Scott has his down to 420, hopefully he chimes in...

Hell, maybe I missed something and brainfarted. I'll weigh it again next time I ride it to work.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i got to check mine street legal , and everything that is not needed is gone , even headlight , i have one projection light , smaller battery everything , some day soon ill take it to the 4X4 shop and see if they will weigh it

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Biggest weight issue I have with mine is my lard-a$$ (200# penalty there). Freestyle your #3 is just sick! 8>)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts