RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i've come across this Japanese Exhaust company. anyone have any experience with K-Factory exhausts? I've ordered from the distributor Moto-works.jp and the product i got (hand made carbon fiber hugger) was some of the best quality i've ever seen. So i know the company is at least legitimate. I sent them an email asking about gains etc. Price is around 1,600.00 US. With several different options (plain titanium, moriwaki style blueing etc.) heres the web site.
http://www.moto-works.jp/k_factory/index.html
what do you guys think?:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
You will not be disappointed! The craftsmanship is dare I say...better than Sato.I got up close to a Suzuki that had a slip on at the Indy MotoGP. Hamaguchi is another beautifu exhaust I had on my 1KRR but have not offered anything for RC51. Moriwaki's are excellent too. You don't see too many K-Factory exhaust period in the US. The guy with the Suzi said it was the best money he ever spent and they are attention getters since they are different.

Lets face it, if you buy an exhaust like this you must get the bike to a dyno for a proper mapping.

This also is one of my choices.Be careful, the yen rate is terrible and I quote it closer to $2000 When I go to Japan early next year I plan to visit K Factory's place in Osaka.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I have the magical racing hugger and speedo trim from moto-works.jp and have to agree the quality is unmatched from others I've seen

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. Thanks for the replies. I also have the magical racing hugger and the thing is a work of art. I think im going to go this route, i will have it dynoed for sure, and will post pics and numbers in a few months. I'm overseas right now and the poor RC-51 is in pieces in my storage, was in the middle of renovation when i had to leave.

CBRBEAR- They are getting hard to find for the SP-1. I've seen one or two sets recently on ebay, but thats it.

MADBUYER- Send some pics of that factory if you go. That would be cool, thanks for info.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well just picked up Ethos designs carbon fiber high mounts. will let you guys know how they are.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
well just picked up Ethos designs carbon fiber high mounts. will let you guys know how they are.
Ethos is the same as the Blue Flame exhaust sold in the US?? I pulled up websites and Blue Flame was the always in the results. There may be some posts in the archives.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so Ethos-design are the same guys who make Arata. Thanks madbuyer, i will get numbers up when i get the bike back together.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I thought there was a connection to one of the common name exhaust makers...just couldn't nail it down.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool get some pics if you can. Got the exhaust in, had some video sent to me of it. the welds and quality is absolutely amazing. Very impressed with its quality, an't wait to get it on and hear it and put down some numbers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts