RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else been following the the teasers?

Kawasaki is really building this one up, i think the release is Tuesday and the rumor mill is saying we are getting a supercharged litre bike with 220 HP, breaking the gentleman's agreement between the Japanese manufacturers.....this is all still speculation of course.

http://www.ninja-h2.com/

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
Yeah, we'll see on the 30th when it's revealed.
Be interesting to see how reliable that supercharger is.
Since I've been out of the new bike (and car) market for many years, I'm curious how much they'll want for this miracle of technology.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i'm curious as well. If it is truly what they are portraying it to be with all that carbon fiber etc., it's going to be expensive. Who knows maybe this will be the next bike to push the other manufacturers to develop something new to keep up. Seems like there was a little push with the S1000RR for everyone to offer ABS etc, but the powerplants were really staying the same. This may change things.

I'm definitely not in the market for a bike anytime in the next 10 years, but i'm glad to see something new.

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
The only reason all the new bikes are equipped with ABS, is because the EU is mandating it.

The EU was also pushing a law forbidding ANY modification of a bike other than stock.
And that meant anything and everything.
Don't like OEM tires, and want something better? Too bad.
Brake levers, rearsets, brake pads, brake lines, etc.? Too bad.
Don't know what happened to the proposal, but it was pretty draconion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One more day....

I am curius, what the engine tecnhical info will be... for example what stroke/piston diameter ratio will a supercharged engine need? What cam geometry? What valve sizes?

Will all be to the max, like high power - fast revving atmospheric moto engines? Or this is not needed that much on a supercharger and we will see bigger strokes, smaller valves, less angry cams?

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
Other than drag racing or Bonneville, where else is the race version supposed to compete?
Forced induction is not allowed in any current race series.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm not going to lie. I like it. Completely unusable in the real world......but for some reason i still like it and i am really happy to see Kawasaki doing something different. Looks better then i thought it would. Interested to see how it is in street trim.
300 hp......just absurd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts