RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of a way to cool the bike down some under the butt, what started off as a fun first few rides on my bike are now becoming tedious ball burning journeys lol

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Ha...I really appreciate leaning on the gas tank after a long ride as I fill it up with some cool premium gas....:D Talk about refreshing...

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you think the RC is bad try riding an '04 and up R1 with the undertail exhaust. The positive is that you had a seat warmer in the winter. In the summer it was almost unbearable at times...

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
If you think the RC is bad try riding an '04 and up R1 with the undertail exhaust. The positive is that you had a seat warmer in the winter. In the summer it was almost unbearable at times...
+1000 rode my buddies '04 R1 and it got hot fast.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
stick on heat shielding can help as well. do the bottom of the tank(if you have a stock air box) if you have an open top air box do the underside of it. do the tank area that isn't covered by the box. and do the bottom of your seat it will help.

·
Registered
575 Posts
stick on heat shielding can help as well. do the bottom of the tank(if you have a stock air box) if you have an open top air box do the underside of it. do the tank area that isn't covered by the box. and do the bottom of your seat it will help.
+1 i have it under the air box . and header wrap the pipes ,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts