RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to decide, picking up a 04 hayden with 3k on it tonight hopefully for around $500. the wiring is a hackjob and missing a tank and ecu plus a few bits here and there. has not title but will have a bill of sale. cant decide if a new frame, or lost title is the way to go since it is a pain in nc to do lost title, or if i want to just part it out. plastics are ok, not great but not bad either a few crack here and there. has key and ignition but has sat for several years after a wannabe mechanic decided to try to make it work with a bad ecu. tank was sold off of it to a friend of the guy. has a jardine 2 into 1 full system as well.

idk what to do, should i part it and make some cash or try to go the new frame route? 3 kids makes projects super hard time and money wise

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
if you are getting it for $500 I'd part it out for sure.........Money wise you would come out ahead...I'm I can understand how tempting it would be to bring it back to life also though.....:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
if we are talking strategy buy another bike with a good ECU and gas tank make a beautiful bike and sell the extra parts that will cover the cost of both bikes most likely and you have a sweet bike at the end of the day come next spring that's if time is on your side and you don't mind wrenching

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
How do the rims look?
If you part it, I'd be interested in a pair of good SP2 rims. Painters are ok, but not dents...

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Tried to PM you but you've hit your limit until you delete some stuff from your mailbox. If you PM me your email, I have a thing or two I'd to ask you about on the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
another RC bites the dust... :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
trying to decide, picking up a 04 hayden with 3k on it tonight hopefully for around $500. the wiring is a hackjob and missing a tank and ecu plus a few bits here and there. has not title but will have a bill of sale. cant decide if a new frame, or lost title is the way to go since it is a pain in nc to do lost title, or if i want to just part it out. plastics are ok, not great but not bad either a few crack here and there. has key and ignition but has sat for several years after a wannabe mechanic decided to try to make it work with a bad ecu. tank was sold off of it to a friend of the guy. has a jardine 2 into 1 full system as well.

idk what to do, should i part it and make some cash or try to go the new frame route? 3 kids makes projects super hard time and money wise
Pending were you live a title could be issued, in pa, we're it is difficult, there are no title states, vermont, we're it can be done by mail, pa doesn't honor another state retitling, there value will only increase, for 500 even if you put 3000 into it your still good,. In my opinion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts