RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to decide, picking up a 04 hayden with 3k on it tonight hopefully for around $500. the wiring is a hackjob and missing a tank and ecu plus a few bits here and there. has not title but will have a bill of sale. cant decide if a new frame, or lost title is the way to go since it is a pain in nc to do lost title, or if i want to just part it out. plastics are ok, not great but not bad either a few crack here and there. has key and ignition but has sat for several years after a wannabe mechanic decided to try to make it work with a bad ecu. tank was sold off of it to a friend of the guy. has a jardine 2 into 1 full system as well.

idk what to do, should i part it and make some cash or try to go the new frame route? 3 kids makes projects super hard time and money wise

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
if you are getting it for $500 I'd part it out for sure.........Money wise you would come out ahead...I'm I can understand how tempting it would be to bring it back to life also though.....:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
if we are talking strategy buy another bike with a good ECU and gas tank make a beautiful bike and sell the extra parts that will cover the cost of both bikes most likely and you have a sweet bike at the end of the day come next spring that's if time is on your side and you don't mind wrenching

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
How do the rims look?
If you part it, I'd be interested in a pair of good SP2 rims. Painters are ok, but not dents...

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Tried to PM you but you've hit your limit until you delete some stuff from your mailbox. If you PM me your email, I have a thing or two I'd to ask you about on the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
another RC bites the dust... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts