• No (I am Luke Skywalker of tools)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THE ANSWER for those that played already is post 18 on the 2nd page. http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=66232&postcount=18

A new ongoing thread if you wish. To start with, do you know what this simple tool is? A poll here will take your answer, yes or no. Do not give it away in your reply yet. I'll post what tool it is in the next few days. I'm interested to see what the current knowledge state is. And we can all learn from each other. Don't worry about not knowing. We all have a lot to learn...

And separately I will begin a useful tool thread thread shortly for bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yut... But how would we use it for these bikes?
It can definitely be used for our bikes, so you may not know what it is. I won't say what it is for a few more days...

Got one in my toolbox, except mine's blue.
Ah, the premium version. :)

I have this tool as well...oddly enough I hardly ever use it.
My new to me 2004 RC51 is now 9 years old. It doesn't "need" this tool, but I know it will make a significant difference. :)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay, some of the most posted members and knowledgeable members appear to know this tool immediately. :). Keep it coming, and don't be afraid to post not knowing. It took me many years. :)

My guess is on the modern 600 and 1000 forums the "luke skywalker's" would hugely dominate immediately. Lot's of yoda's with the RC51 :D

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
More useful on my smaller bikes than the SP but I lost mine years ago! :D

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I used a cloth and a fine metal tube to resurrect moving bits on my VFR recently.
A bit of a gimmick tool, it never worked that well for me! ;)

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I used it on my 75 Kaw and 96 900RR. Got a green one in my toolbox..

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I've seen them, but never in use. And I know it's not what I thought it was. I'm very secure in my needing the help of those that are better inclined in the wrenching world (read "paid mechanics").;):D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know what it is and use it every couple of months on my SP1. It was used more on my YZ250F when I had it but it is a very useful tool when fully understood.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It was great to get lots of participation and hear some stories. Please continue to do so on all threads where you can. :):)

Okay,

THE ANSWER.

It is a cable lubrication (lube) tool. Great on bikes and other recreational vehicles to lubricate any and all cables. For the RC51, that would mean the throttle cables.... every 2-5 years depending on mileage and indoor/outdoor exposure/etc.

Thx to all those that participated. I have another tool I'll post shortly for fun.

It was interesting to see so many people who knew the tool. IMO it is because the RC51 at this time is in the possession of enthusiasts and track guys who tend to know these things. Most of the public has moved onto newer bikes.

You can see the cable tool lube basics here.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts