RC51 Forums banner

Do you know what this motorcycle tool is

• Yes (I am Yoda of tools)

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No (I am Luke Skywalker of tools)

Votes: 2 8.7%

Knowledge test - What motorcycle tool is this?

11K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  Duckhunter 
#1 · (Edited)
THE ANSWER for those that played already is post 18 on the 2nd page. http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=66232&postcount=18

A new ongoing thread if you wish. To start with, do you know what this simple tool is? A poll here will take your answer, yes or no. Do not give it away in your reply yet. I'll post what tool it is in the next few days. I'm interested to see what the current knowledge state is. And we can all learn from each other. Don't worry about not knowing. We all have a lot to learn...

And separately I will begin a useful tool thread thread shortly for bikes.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Yut... But how would we use it for these bikes?
It can definitely be used for our bikes, so you may not know what it is. I won't say what it is for a few more days...

Got one in my toolbox, except mine's blue.
Ah, the premium version. :)

I have this tool as well...oddly enough I hardly ever use it.
My new to me 2004 RC51 is now 9 years old. It doesn't "need" this tool, but I know it will make a significant difference. :)

#7 · (Edited)
Okay, some of the most posted members and knowledgeable members appear to know this tool immediately. :). Keep it coming, and don't be afraid to post not knowing. It took me many years. :)

My guess is on the modern 600 and 1000 forums the "luke skywalker's" would hugely dominate immediately. Lot's of yoda's with the RC51 :D

#8 ·
More useful on my smaller bikes than the SP but I lost mine years ago! :D

#13 ·
I used a cloth and a fine metal tube to resurrect moving bits on my VFR recently.
A bit of a gimmick tool, it never worked that well for me! ;)

#14 ·
I used it on my 75 Kaw and 96 900RR. Got a green one in my toolbox..

#16 ·
I've seen them, but never in use. And I know it's not what I thought it was. I'm very secure in my needing the help of those that are better inclined in the wrenching world (read "paid mechanics").;):D

#18 · (Edited)
It was great to get lots of participation and hear some stories. Please continue to do so on all threads where you can. :):)

Okay,

THE ANSWER.

It is a cable lubrication (lube) tool. Great on bikes and other recreational vehicles to lubricate any and all cables. For the RC51, that would mean the throttle cables.... every 2-5 years depending on mileage and indoor/outdoor exposure/etc.

Thx to all those that participated. I have another tool I'll post shortly for fun.

It was interesting to see so many people who knew the tool. IMO it is because the RC51 at this time is in the possession of enthusiasts and track guys who tend to know these things. Most of the public has moved onto newer bikes.

You can see the cable tool lube basics here.

#24 · (Edited)
THE ANSWER for those that played already is post 38 on the 4th page. http://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=66945&postcount=38

Here is another "Do you know what this tool is?". You can answer yes or no and use the poll at the top of the page.

Do not give away what the tool is in your reply yet. I'll post what tool it is in the next few days.

This tool is not technically needed, but will make the work much much easier and has many other applications beyond a motorcycle. It should be used with some regularity. I don't even have this tool yet. LOL.

Do you know what this tool is? Yes or No.

#32 ·
Yep, got one, and use it frequently on my bike. And my cars too.

It's great if the gauge is good SubSailor. In fact, I think it was you were the first of many who said I should get one.

btw, I'm the one lukeskywalker in the poll. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.