RC51 Forums banner

KTM 890 Duke R

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gts455 
#1 ·
Sold my Aprilia and picked up something a little more "neighborhood riding" friendly.

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
👍 Been eyeballing those at my local dealer but still not confident in KTM’s reliability but been Japanese bike since the 60’s so pretty set in my ways I guess. I know they are selling really well and I think it would be the daily driver if I pulled the pin. Congrats! Bet your enjoying it.

#3 ·
I've only put about 70 miles know it, but so far it's an absolute blast to ride. Wanted something sporty but comfortable and more suited for street riding with the ability to do an occasional track day. Considered an mt-10, streetfighter v2, tuono, and triumph speed and street triples.....the KTM was the only one which checked all the boxes. Reasonably priced as well.
I almost went back to Triumph but the Speed Triples are expensive and sound like electrical nightmares......lots of big issues. The biggest issue with the KTM sounds like weeping countershaft seal and valve cover seal which I can easily deal with. Also hoping the 3rd year of the bike has worked out those issues.

#5 ·
yeah, excited to see what the new 990 brings. Should be pretty good. The bike is such a good "fun" bike.....really maximizes the fun factor on the street.

Reactions: Phatdad
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.