RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Cal Crutchlow and Jack Miller will be LCR teammates next year. That's cool!
I'm anxious to see how Crutchlow will do on the satellite RC213V. He's been testing on it, sounds like he'll have a bit of a learning curve, but he seems optimistic.
Looks like Miller will be riding the Open Honda, I'm assuming thats the RCV1000R. It sure will be interesting to see how he fares moving from the 250's to the GP class.
I haven't decided if I like him or not. Dude can ride the snot out of the 250, but I didn't think much of his immature pouting and non-interaction with Marquez at Valencia. What, he didn't know it was possible that the very scenario that occurred, actually did? He won the freaking race, on the top podium, yet he acted like an ungrateful brat.
Maybe that was an isolated incident. Like Aleix's little temper tantrum when he smashed his own windscreen with his fist.
Time will tell, I hope Miller does well next year.
But I really hope the best for Crutchlow. We've seen that he has great potentiol, now if he can be more consistent. Hopefully his Honda wont crap out on him like the Duc did more than once this year...

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Where is the news that Pedrosa gets fired for being a habitual tail pipe sniffer of Marquez and Rossi?

Honda needs to get off their ass and sign some better talent than that hack.:D

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I like Cal, I'm hoping to see a lot more out of him next year.

Miller needs an attitude adjustment, on/off and during/after the race. Making Aleix sit up and as many times he did was just dirty racing (if you ask me). I really hope race direction doesn't let it fly in GP.
We all know that Val wont.

How about a Repsol Honda team of Marquez and Stoner:D

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Laverty and Marquez......a better combination.:D
Currently Eugene Laverty and Nicki Hayden as team mates.
Plus the open Hondas now have pneumatic valves, so the revs, power, and speed is much improved over 2014.

Still not up to par compared with the factory bikes (and HRC will make sure of that), but at least it will give Nicki a fighting chance next year.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I'm looking forward to Suzuki and Aprilia returning to GP with factory rides. Aprilia is said to be moving away from WSBK and putting a full fledged effort in GP. Suzuki has Aleix and Vinales, who were putting down lap times not too far off Marquez. A little more testing and i think Suzuki will be contender.....especially with Aleix riding it.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where's Bradl going?

As far as Pedrosa, he's a contender with a little notch of bad luck EVERY season. Seriously, some of his mishaps are completely out of his control. Like Marc clipping his traction control at Aragon last year. On his birthday, no less.

I'm looking for Crazy Joe Andrea Iannone to do well on the Factory Ducati next year too.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
I'm looking forward to Suzuki and Aprilia returning to GP with factory rides. Aprilia is said to be moving away from WSBK and putting a full fledged effort in GP. Suzuki has Aleix and Vinales, who were putting down lap times not too far off Marquez. A little more testing and i think Suzuki will be contender.....especially with Aleix riding it.
Melandri and Bautista on Aprilia for 2015 MotoGP.

·
Registered
510 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
yeah, always kinda liked him as well.
Got his autograph this year at COTA....
That's awesome! I'm sure he doesn't get much love outside of Germany.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Bradl has always been one of my favorites as well. Seems like a really down to earth and humble guy.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yeah he really does. I remember a season or so ago when he jumped up to first during a race at the Sachsenring, and I was loving it, as was the crowd.

I think he ended up in 2nd or 3rd though.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah he really does. I remember a season or so ago when he jumped up to first during a race at the Sachsenring, and I was loving it, as was the crowd.

I think he ended up in 2nd or 3rd though.
That was the weirdest race start I ever saw. Remember, seemed like 2/3 of the riders started from pit lane because they all went in for rain tires at the last second.
Bradl already had his on ;)

He put on a HELL of a race for his home crowd!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think Pedrosa is the perfect second rider at Honda right now. I don't think he will ever be a threat to Marquez, but he will almost always be a threat for a podium position. So, Pedrosa will be racing and taking points away from Yamaha, but he won't be able to give Marquez the "Hayden" treatment.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I think most of the teams know Crutchlow never had a chance at Ducati. It was just a fat paycheck from a factory team - something every rider needs, as their careers tend to be short.

He'll do better on a Honda, I expect - mush less likely to keep getting spat off. It'll be much more interesting to see Suzuki and Aprilia mix with the usual contenders.
Looks like Ducati might be getting that much closer to being competitive with the Yamahas and Hondas. Will be interesting to see what changes such as tyre developments, etc. make too.

Crutchlow has more charisma than most.

As for Aleix, I think he was justified in being very frustrated. That was the 2nd time he'd been punted off by Ianone - and it cost him 5th position in the championship. These riders put everything into their racing, so to have all their hard work taken away with something like that must produce a bitter taste.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Crutchlow can't win on a satellite Honda. Only chance of winning is on a factory bike. I don't think it was wise to go to LCR.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts