RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered my left radiator has a slight leak due to one of its corners being smashed. Dam the the guy I bought it from screwed me again!. Bike bandit shows two different numbers for a sp1 and sp2 can anyone tell me if a sp2 will work with a sp1, because there are some sp2s on ebay. Basicly though I need a radiator a left radiator for my sp1 if anyone has one !

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The two radiators are different.
The SP1 left radiator has the fitting for the fan temperature switch to screw in.
The SP2 does not have that fitting as it uses a fan relay to switch on the fans.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
2000-2001 SP1-OEM part #19010-mcf-003, 2002-2006 SP-2- OEM part # 19010-mcf-d31

I have a brand new set of radiators.. I will have to look to which one I have PM me

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Sub-Sailor I looked at this set of radiators / and I understand what your saying.. So were does the SP-2 relay receive the signal to turn the fan on? Not questioning you, Just took the fairing off the 2003/ and trying to see the difference- Just don't want to offer radiators that aren't going to help TSGun...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking on the Sp2 the fan relay is turned on by the PCM if it doesn't have a temp switch I will have to look in the service manual

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I'm thinking on the Sp2 the fan relay is turned on by the PCM if it doesn't have a temp switch I will have to look in the service manual
On the SP2, the ECU gets its signal from the ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor and triggers the fan control relay to start the fans.

On the SP1, it also has an ECT, but the fan switch is the one that starts the fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts