RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started a new project on my bench a couple of days ago.

Leon (background) and Niky are brother and sister only 50 days old.

Three weeks ago one of my other girl buddies died from a womb infection. Her suffering lasted only four days. It was really quick.

So these two, I consider them as a gift from above cause they came accress my life's path three days after I had found my peace with my 9 year old deceased friend.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy....when I got her, she was like those little fellas and we grew old together so you know how that feels....I had saved her life twice from poisoning, driving around in 2 am to find an open pharmacy among other things....

But I guess that's the cycles of life......a soul goes, a soul comes which one day will go away as well......

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
They're cuties! :)
I don't envy you in the mess they'll make during their first 8 months or so. Train them well; it'll pay dividends long-term.

Our Border Collie is getting older now. She used to be able to run faster than I could pedal a mountain bike. Now she barely runs, but is still healthy. Someday it'll be time for her to go too, she's 10 now. I know it'll be painfully sad when that day comes.

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That day you're referring to, has come more that I can count, for animals, and 5 times for humans, in my life so far.

If you think about it, we shouldn't feel bad cause there is nothing we can do about it.
We should feel sad and a bit lucky that we've met that soul in our lifetime. That's it!

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
We're all only here for the briefest flicker of a flame and there wouldn't be any point to it, if there weren't a continuation beyond. ;)

A cousin told me on my 18th birthday, at my grandfather's funeral, "The pain is only there because we don't let go". My grandfather had already suffered countless strokes and his heart had refused to give up until then...

When I die I'd like people to celebrate the life I lived here, not mourn the rest of time I didn't.
Seriously, I'd wish for a party, not a funeral.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I hear you Stig, we've both got that written into our wills, no funeral.
Sorry about your long time pal Makis, we tend to get very attached to our critters. We've a Niki in our house, an 8 year old male Birman cat. Had a Birman before when we were first married, he lived 18 years, that was painful at the end. Enjoy the pups.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
That day you're referring to, has come more that I can count, for animals, and 5 times for humans, in my life so far.

If you think about it, we shouldn't feel bad cause there is nothing we can do about it.
We should feel sad and a bit lucky that we've met that soul in our lifetime. That's it!
Most people don't understand the concept of a New Orleans funeral.
The first part is for the family, where there is mourning that the departed will no longer be with them in this life.
After the funeral, there is the second part, where there is joyous celebration that the departed's soul is free from the shackles of life's burdens and has returned home.

I rather like the concept myself.
If possible, I'd like to save enough money to throw one hell of a party after my passing. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Makis, really cool new friends you have. Just think how lucky an animal is to find someone to really love them. So many are not that fortunate. In many ways I think animals are harder for humans to lose because they love us so unconditionally.

As for funerals: if you ever hear that I've left, throw a huge party and ride somewhere. I'll be smiling.:D

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Sorry to hear about your buddy passing, but congrats on the two little guys. This world sure works in mysterious ways.....someone or something was looking out for you and sent those little guys your way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts