RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our good friend Muhammad Atif has a passion for our beloved bikes. I love that! The RC51 is a pretty unique bike.I have also observed how much he likes pictures, and after all his participation in this forum, I'd like to start a thread to throw up some random pictures.

For the times when you need some visual RC51 stuff buddy! and the occasional random picture.
Keep it clean, Atif's a family man. :) :) :D

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Thanks bro...but honestly the map doesn't do it justice, the large loop is close to 800kms that's a good day trip.

I will post pics of this crazy little side road I found while fishing...there is 22kms of pure twisties goodness one way in and out.its of stuff like that here mostly roads that end up at a lake.

·
Registered
527 Posts
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words. And My Thousand Words !

Thanks for such a great idea, John. I like pictures, like the shot of the RC in front of the Roseville City sign, because I can feel myself actually being there.
I can almost feel the cool, fresh breeze in that picture, as the one that Nobody posted of his RC in a parking lot with trees & hills in the background. I like to imagine myself in the pictures that I see on the Forum. And that is a great shot of your Mom & Dad with your sister, Nobody. Looking at that black & white picture with the clothes from the sixties, reminds me of the old shots of my Mom & dad as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a single one with me. They're either with my brother in Houston or my Mom in Pakistan. And who can forget those pointy sunglasses & shoes from that time ?
And thanks for those maps, Nobody & James. I shall look on Google Earth & see what the "street view" offers.

I love cats, Extrapolator. Looking at those tabbys brought my blood pressure down 10 points. Wish I could have one, but I would not be able to handle the added responsibility. My daughter who is 5, keeps asking me to get her one. Maybe when she's old enough to take care of a living creature.

James, looking at your immaculate engine block makes me want to rush out to my "Mechanic" to clean my engine bay as well. I'll get it done when I get my shipment of my rear cowl with the OEM air filters & get them put on the bike by the "Mechanic". I must get a hold of him next week because he is supposed to help me ship Stigs' parts to the UK. It's been long enough. Otherwise, you might read a thread called "Muhammad Atif Is A Terrible Shipper", if I don't get to it sooner rather than later (!). Just ask John how long it took for him to get the fuel tank.

The reason I share some of my experiences is that I've learnt a lot in life listening to what other people have gone through & reflecting upon that. I'm not on Face Whatchamacallit or any other "social media" site. Don't have any desire to do so. Leaves a lot of time for the family & admiring the RC.

Recently wrote about a serious incidence in Med. School that involved someone losing their life. I did not finish my narrative. Here's how things escalated in that situation for that unfortunate incident to happen.
I used to live in the dorms & there were two separate areas near the Med. School that housed a couple hundred students. One of my classfellows, NB, brought his girlfriend to his dorm. Females were not allowed to enter dorm rooms in the all male hostel, just as male students were not allowed to enter female dorm rooms in a separate housing area.
Well, he was asked not to do that by a group of students from a student wing of a conservative political party. The guilty guy, NB, was a hot head & got into some verbal arguments & threatened the guys who had admonished him. He went to a senior medical student, who was more like the "Hostel Thug", who rounded up some more of his goons. They then went looking for the group of students who had asked NB not to bring any girl to the dorms. A fight then took place & one of the goons took out a knife & slashed the neck of one of the opposing group of students. That victim also happened to be someone whom I'd shared a room with, when I first got to Med. School. He was a very quiet & studious gent. Another in that group, who got assaulted, was also someone I knew in my class. We were 2 yrs. out from graduation when all this occurred.
Since we were close to the ER Surgical Trauma Team at the hospital, my friend was immediately rushed by some of my colleagues into surgery for a serious injury to his Carotid Artery. He survived, but was very fortunate that he did.
NB, the guy who escalated all this, then disappeared from class, the dorms & in fact the city for several months. I'd heard that his father personally came from out of town to try & apologize for his son's behavior. Too bad it wasn't accepted, as NB did not make that gesture himself.
Well, during the ENT exam paper in our last year of med. School, NB showed up to take his graduation year exams. The ENT theory exam was 2 hours long. NB was sitting in front of me, but got up after only an hour, handed in his answer sheets, & left the Examination Hall. That's odd, I remember thinking to myself. There was no way he could've finished all of the ENT questions in an hour.
When I came out of the Hall & went to the Cafeteria, there was some commotion. Found out that barely an hour earlier, NB was sitting there eating, when a car pulled up outside, 3 - 4 guys jumped out & forcibly took NB with them. Nobody knew who had taken NB.
After 3 days of hearing nothing of what happened to NB, there was a body dumped out of a car in front of a major hospitals' ER. Turned out to be NB. He was dead.
One of the doctors who did NB's autopsy was the older brother of one of my classfellows & a good friend. He'd told him that he'd never, ever seen signs of such horrendous torture on any autopsy he'd ever done. There was not a single patch of NB's skin that was not marked by cigarette burns. His nails had been removed. Nearly every bone in his body was broken, including small bones like fingers & large bones like legs, arms etc. There was sand & water in his lungs. And other horrific details that my brain wishes not to remember.
After this episode, the guys in my class, who were involved in the initial fight, disappeared.
Apart from NB & those thugs he was involved with, I never could've imagined any of the guys I knew, who were involved in all of this, to be connected in any way to such a misfortunate incidence. They were likely not involved directly but probably knew who was.
I only met one of them by happenstance a decade later, who'd told me that he'd gone to South Africa for several years, when the police came looking. Luckily, I wasn't even remotely involved so the rinky dink cops never questioned me. Which is surprising because in a case like this, or any other for that matter, the Keystone Kops will pick up every one associated or in any way related to a "suspect" This may include the alleged suspects' 90 yr. old grandma in a nursing home !!
You may ask yourself where I was during the fight in the dorms, when NB got that Dorm Thug & Goons to attack the admonishing group of students ?
Where else could I be Gentlemen ?
I was on my bike, out for the ride of the day ! But boy, what a terrible ending to that day it was.

I shall post up Ride Pics of my bike ride last night later.
Take Care, Gents. And thank you all for listening, caring & sharing. For, as you already may know, sharing is caring.

P.S. Picture with a group of "other friends", with the main Med. School building in the background.
P.S.# 2: I'm 2nd. from the right & my colleague, "The Psychiatrist", who now lives in Baltimore, MD. & who is itching to prescribe VERY strong anti-psychotic drugs for me, is 3rd. from the right. Right next to me. How prophetic !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
This is downtown Indianapolis during the MotoGP, anyone is welcome and y'all should come at least once. Ijust realized those folks in the lower part of the picture are moving really fast.

Cell phone pic....Motleyfan and I got to hang out during the festivities too, great time. Motleyfan if you see this, post up a better picture, I know you took one.:D)

Cal Crutchlow.....all in a days work.

My favourite, riding in the clouds, which is where my head usually is....

Great weather picture....another Indiana summer day. This did develop into a tornado some 30 miles away as I found out.

That is it for now, I'll post up some later:cool: Doc, you really should move back to the US for two reasons...emergency rooms are busy here and we need to ride some time.:D

·
Registered
897 Posts
I love this thread, great idea jondog. Here's a couple of my wife and I riding and what not, my son in there too!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Doc... You gotta make it to MOTOGP in Indy just once even if it's to meet Madbuyer. You will definately enjoy your visit.

My cell phone pic isn't much better but here goes...

Doc, Here's another shot to hopefully lower your blood pressure. The large one is named Lumpy and the smaller one is named Frosty... Our 2 children in our household..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great pics guys! Here's a few for the Doc..................
The old girl at rest....

Why I don't do track days,reason #1...

Reason #2, this was after our team had won the USATF Master's 8K Cross Country National Championship. Real bad pic of me on the left. :D

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What an experience Atif. That story was captivating yet tragic. Kind of saw the end coming, but sure didn't expect anything that horrific. Did the authorities ever find out who was responsible for such a brutal act? Well, I sure am glad you didn't get mixed up in that.

Ok, switching gears. I got a few more pics. Since you like action photo's I'll put these ones up.

Ok, gotta take care of a little business. :D

My other favorite sport. Mountain biking.

I was at The Snake on Mullholland a couple years ago, pretty sure that's rnickeymouse you see filming on the side. That's the turn you see in all their videos.

Carnegie Park, 2008 with my buddies. I'm on the right with my CR250.

This is my son sitting on the tailgate of my truck. (the guy sitting on the ramp is a friend from about 3 decades ago!) White Hills, Utah.

Some time before I got my RC51, I had Yamaha RoadStar Warrior. 1700cc's of vtwin, air-cooled, belt driven, R1 suspension and brakes - cruiser! Loon Lake, CA. This is the dam that you cross to begin the legendary Rubicon Trail.

And my best friends cat. Mister.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Hey Atif,

That's a crazy story about your colleague. Thanks for sharing it with us here.

Below are some pictures which an old friend who lived in Whistler, BC sent to me a long time ago as inspiration to visit him:

It worked. I went in summer of 2002 to check it out and he had the crazy idea that in spring the following year we should spend a week exploring the glaciers there but first we should try it out.
One day of it was enough for me when I realized that although beautiful, snowmobiling can be very dangerous.
These things accelerate as quick as an SP2 - but on on snow, with no gears and they weigh around 500lb.

He'd just accelerate up a vertical incline and jump off the summit.
Me, as a beginner - thought it would be wise not to jump as I didn't know what was over the other side. BIG mistake!
This caused the machine to veer sideways and not knowing how to wrestle it, I found myself falling off and the thing rolling down the slope...
When there's deep snow it's difficult to scramble out of the way, but I did - just in time.
Snowmobiling in glaciers is dangerous as there can be crevasses. These are very deep wedges of ice that taper in the deeper they go.
Fall down one of these and you'll be jammed solid and deep frozen for a very, very long time.
Sadly I haven't heard from my friend in a long time and not been able to find him. His business (www.snowboards.com - which was the world's largest snowboarding social network) has also disappeared. I believe he may have killed himself doing what he loved most up in the mountains.

One of my other passions, which is less dangerous is sailing & windsurfing. They can be very fast sports to enjoy. I like speed (Don't we all?)
Here's me with my brother and his friend one summer, in Tokyo bay.

And here's me again, in Tokyo bay from a photoshoot of our company car at the time.

Just for Duckhunter, here's a picture including me (& my wife) without a bucket. :D
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Miguel-Newera/media/NeweraS159.jpg.html

There's a saying that is denoted in this picture.

And lastly an old picture of two of my favourite toys - taken when a bike riding friend visited Japan some years ago. I hope you will too someday!

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
Great pics Stig! Those shots of Whistler are killer...and for the folks here the pics of Whistler mtn are pretty much my backyard.

2 hours away and some of the best skiing/snowboarding in the world.

2010 winter Olympics...the world came here to mine and Duckie's backyard mountain.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Stig, that rx7 is to die for. That is by far the most beautiful car ever made in my opinion. Nice RC too!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Stig, that rx7 is to die for. That is by far the most beautiful car ever made in my opinion. Nice RC too!
Thanks. Yeah, it's pretty nice. Looks standard-ish, but is very modified with 450 bhp @ the wheels. I've built it over around 10 years of ownership. Rarely use it now, with 2 kids & a wife but I'll never sell it.

Here's a picture on our way up to the glacier near Whistler that summer. Pictured is my other old friend from Vancouver (whose Forester we used to tow one snowmobile). The other guy under the car is my brother). I was amazed the Forester could not only get up those logging roads & across dry riverbeds, but also tow the sled!

Here's a pic from my favourite lake around Fuji (Motosu Lake). It's so clean I could drink the water when I windsurfed there. It's apparently 294m deep. Never drop something in the middle that sinks as I learnt when I dropped some sunglasses! :D

Here's a family pic. Me & my oldest girl (She'll be 11 soon):

I saw this bike once. Couldn't believe something so special could be so poorly treated. I considered offering him my SP2 in exchange, but then thought, er - no!!

Cherry blossoms in April

And here's one for Xmas...

1 - 20 of 378 Posts