RC51 Forums banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Vtr1000 SP-Y Castrol colours
91 Posts
Hi Thanks yes i get slagged off for it not being original but this bike handles and can get sticky tyres on her, a real puller, and 110 at the rear wheel,
Thanks again
Cheers Phill
Original isn't everything.. Thats one heck of a bike absolutely beautiful. Is that RGV swing arm I see up the rear? More details please.. Oh how I miss the 2 stroke days.. and the smell 😁

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the comments.
Yes she is very different indeed,
And yes its an RGV22 Swinging arm with wheel etc, complete R1 front end, SP Durban front fairings, tail unit is an Aprilia factory , but going to fit a Honda NSR 500 UNIT.
The engine has just had thousands spent on total rebuild, its back in the frame now so need to get her finished although the SP1 is taking priority now.

Cheers Phill

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just by pure coincidence I happened upon another twin cylinder factory race special. This one is about five and a half decades old.
It’s a 1967 Triumph 650 TT Special. It has been sitting in a garage about two miles from my house for the past 40 years or so. I am currently taking it apart in preparation for restoration.
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Plant
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2002 RC51
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Anyone getting their race/track bikes ready for winter maintenance/upgrades?

After this last track day on the RC I'm full steam ahead on finding a used setup 600 dedicated for the track..

Leaning towards a 08+ R6 or 600rr but open to options that might be semi-local.. Im on the hunt!!

Helmet Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire

101 - 110 of 110 Posts