RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I had a horrible weekend racing. My bike was dead on race day and I missed a couple of races. It wouldnt even bump start. I took it to the shop to have the reg/rec and stator tested. Reg/rec was bad. Replaced it with Ricks lithium battery compatible reg/rec. The stator tested bad too. When he pulled the cover, he said I had a lightened flywheel and specific aftermarket stator. He was able to replace the parts of the stator to get it to charge. He also cleaned up the hacked up wire harness so there is only one connector between the reg/rec and stator.
So... since I didn’t see the flywheel and stator, and I have no idea what brand it is, can you guys point me to any aftermarket flywheel and stator companies? I just want to find out what I have in this motor. I just bought it last winter as a project race bike with out much history or records. I didnt see much on a flywheel search.

Thanks,
jordan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn’t a trimmed one leave the stock stator? My stator is not stock either.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Durbahn used to offer a lightweight racing flywheel/alternator kit.
But it was not streetable as it didn't have sufficient output at lower revs to charge the battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked out their website last night and did not see it listed. It wasn’t making enough power to charge my battery at high rpm either. I had some of the stator replaced. Mechanic says it it charging now. Hopefully it keeps working for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts