RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I have been a big fan of the RC-51 for a long time now. Started when I was working in a dealership in AZ in 2001. Owned a CBR 600 F3 back in 98 and rode til 2001 rain or shine. Fast forward a few years and I am looking to getting back into riding.

I am looking at a couple of RC-51's in FL for sale. Red 2004 with 12k and a black 2005 with 22k. Same owner!

I have a few questions regarding the fairing on the red. It looks like the RC-51 logo doesn't match up. Anybody have any ideas about this? I know there's a special edition model for this year. Could this be a mishmash of parts? I am trying to get baseline info before reengaging with the seller.

Is there anything you wish you knew about your RC before you bought? Especially the 2004-5 year? New or Used?

I just want to thank everybody on this forum for the info that they have posted and hopefully I will be frequenting this site and spending some serious time on my new (to me) bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Lol that is a mix of everything.

The tail section is 00-02
The tank is 03
The sides are chinese replicas or very poorly done repaints
The front it's hard to say as well due to the pic.

If he isn't fessing up to this I'd walk away as he's obviously dishonest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wibbly!

That is the type of info I am grateful for! I would not have been able to pick that out.

I have a couple more photos. I believe the guy wants $5500 for this.

We will see where this takes us.

I am not in a hurry, I just don't want to take a 6 hour round trip to go look at a salvage title bike.

I sure appreciate everybody's input.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The upper fairing is all smashed in

And those are just stock 1000rr wheels. Don't add much value.

Because it's a soup sandwich that bike is at best 4k ish

Sure it's an 04 with lowish miles, but it's 2500 bucks away from being mint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts