RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based in Orlando Florida. I have had my 2003 RC51 since new and just rolled the 8,000 mile mark. Minimal mods... biggest being Design Arts Moto undertail that I just rewired/modified with Custom LED 1.85" puck lights.

Looking to finally replace the factory exhaust... maybe a few other things before its impossible to obtain fun parts.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Gigantor24 Leaning towards the newer/high Ladybird Banzai at the moment... chatting with Simon on it for some details. I have some concerns with heat around the tail section with the mufflers mounted so tight to the body. Sure looks good though, first high mount set up I have actually liked. Otherwise the standard mount Ladybirds are also on my interest list.

@Johnny34 Yup! I actually started off with a 2002 (back then)... lasted less than 2 months before someone rear ended me at a traffic light and totaled the bike (if I recall correctly had just over 1,000 miles on it). So couple months later, bought this one. I prefer the paint scheme of the 03 a bit more than the 02 so worked out okay. Still sad to see one go that quickly though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the look of the shorter 'GP' cans but thanks for the tip, hoping the 45mm cores won't be ear piercing and get decent back pressure as it seems the 60mm drop a bit more than ideal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wait, what? Am I trippin'? Is someone going a bit racist now or did I miss something? I just need to know about some exhausts. Please continue.........
Relax with the racist word franklin.

It was a poor attempt at humor regarding the early 2000s FL sportbike bike scene. If you lived there, attended bike week back then, stunt wars or just read the pictures of super streetbike.... you would have seen it.

I can't read "tone" of voice in typed words....so I really don't know if the op is upset...humored...hurt...mad....

your interpretation or imagination of my voice as you read my words is in the wrong context.

That is if you are talking about my words you read the way you wanted?

I would apologize if I did something wrong.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
You did, and you should.
No apology needed to me @Frankthetank

Maybe I am not seeing how I should apologize Jon. However, it seems I have ruffled some feathers here and that was not the intention.

That is prob it. So I can say I am sorry for hurting the OP feelings seemingly and any board member who saw that uncalled for.

·
Registered
412 Posts
No apology needed to me @Frankthetank

Maybe I am not seeing how I should apologize Jon. However, it seems I have ruffled some feathers here and that was not the intention.

That is prob it. So I can say I am sorry for hurting the OP feelings seemingly and any board member who saw that uncalled for.

I didn't see anything insulting or racist , but I didn't get the OP's response about staying away from the forum. Stunt monkeys and ''custom'' RC owners tend to get laughed out of here.

·
Registered
2002 RC51
155 Posts
I'll stay out of the mess, but stick around OP! This forum needs more members!!

Which ladybird banzai GP's are you thinking?
The 60 or 45mm core mufflers?

I'm thinking I'm between the 45mm banzai gp's and the standard bigger muffler banzai setup that has the 50mm inner baffles.

I can't decide..

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'll stay out of the mess, but stick around OP! This forum needs more members!!

Which ladybird banzai GP's are you thinking?
The 60 or 45mm core mufflers?

I'm thinking I'm between the 45mm banzai gp's and the standard bigger muffler banzai setup that has the 50mm inner baffles.

I can't decide..
The smaller will give you better upper end power , the bigger more low end torque. I've got the 60's and played with it on a dyno with different diameter restrictors and settled on 42 mm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Gigantor24 I am looking to stick with the 45mm as it seems thats closer to the sweet spot. I do like the style of the Banzai but confirmed I would have to trim/cut the tail fairing for the muffler straps to drop through. I am not a fan of cutting the factory body work at this point (or doing anything irreversible in general) which is making me lean more towards the standard/mid mount with the LadyBird hangers to delete the passenger pegs. Either way, still wanting the smaller GP cans as the factory large mufflers have always been 'too big' in the looks department for me.

@2muchblue call it what you want but no, I wasn't a fan of the comment given where I live and my assumption that it was also driven in response to my hispanic name. I can appreciate the work put into any motorcycle (or car) culture from the fat tire sport bikes, big wheel baggers, to factory bikes... just not something I would do, especially with an RC51.

@Joe XR I more stayed away from the forums years ago because RC51 owners came off as pretentious and thats just not my style. I am hoping with the age of these bikes now the crowd is different with the appreciation and preservation of these machines.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Your assumption is wrong. Not the intent and that was not even to mind....until I read your reply.

It was based on our riding era. Being a Latino myself from the Los Angeles area riding since the late 90s... I wore a bandana...cut off sleeved shirt. Well everyone did no matter where they lived here in socal.

If I need to be banned..then petition to ban me. Your assumption was is wrong. Flat out wrong. However.... how people feel is now truth these days.

@JoseHIII I still apologize for the poor attempt at humor you found to not be funny.

PS. I had a long muth effin reply all typed up. I just got to the point with this

1 - 20 of 20 Posts