RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned, ridden and raced many bikes. This is my first rc51 and it hasn't started out as a pleasant experience. I drove 150 miles to the other side of Florida to buy my first rc. A 2002 rc51 with 16k miles on it. Started on the ride back home and didn't make it fifty miles. After renting a truck and numerous headaches later, I got her back to my garage to find out what's wrong with it. After pulling the oil pan, it's painfully obvious, as one of the pistons is laying in chunks at the the bottom of the pan. I've already located and bought a replacement motor. I'm waiting for it's arrival so I begin enjoying this beautiful bike.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Nice....sorry for your luck on this one. I suppose the ass hat who sold this to you never said a word either:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
....wow. previous owner must have put that bike through hell to have that happen with only 16k. That or he didn't take care of it at all. Sorry to hear about your experience so far, i guarentee once the new motor is in you will feel it was worth it. welcome to the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts