RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

i'm interested in a 1098S in the tampa bay area. i'd like to go look at it but i'm 3000kms away in moncton nb canada.

if this deal happened i'd fly down and ride back up.

so, anyone interested in checking this bike out for me? the vendor actually suggested me getting someone to look at it.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
If I'd caught this earlier I'd be glad to.
Unfortunately I've been working out of town so often I just saw it.
Did the deal fall through or are you still interested?
Unfortunately I'm out of town again this weekend for two weeks.
Let me know if you're still interested and I'll contact you when I get back.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the bike is still available but for a couple reasons i'm leaning away from it now.
if i was buying and wanted someone to check it out for me - you'd definitely be the person i'd want doing the checking!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm in Tampa also. It sounds like it's at a dealership.(?) Not too many ducs selling right now down here. I have seen the same used bikes at dealerships for months now, so don't assume this thing has problems just yet. There are only 2 dealerships that have ducs around Tampa so I'll look for it online right now. I know the owner of one of them and the other one has a pretty good reputation.

·
Registered
159 Posts
OK, I just found it. Ya that dealership has a good reputation as far as I know but then again it was the only place you could get a Ducati around here forever. If I have time I can go look at it for you next weekend. Even if you get others to go too it's good to have more than one set of eyes go over it. They will do test rides at that dealership but I can't afford that thing so that's a no can do from me.lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man, i'd love to buy it. i just don't see it happening right now. too bad because it might be a good deal.
if something changes i'll call on you to check it out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh man...I am so so sorry. I reread post #3 because something just wasn't adding up to me.....I didn't realize that you had decided not to buy the bike. It must have been the North to South translation.lol I thought you were under the impression that the bike had some flaws and that is why it wasn't selling. I was way off..........

Anyway, now you know I'm down here if it happens again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since all the Tampa folks are showing up...

It is good to meet you all. I am in New Tampa and work over on Westshore...
Just wanted to say hi as a newbie... do all of you have RC's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts