RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
More than fair if it runs. Looks a bit neglected but you could turn her into a real gem with a little paint.;)

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Do it if she runs. Those are cool bikes...on my short list :D

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Put a wrench on the crankshaft and see if it turns over...if not walk away.

One other thing...those bikes 750/900 were prone to exhaust valves burning, just a heads up so if you can swing it for cheaper or get a leak down test done it may save you some headache.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said it runs and drives, also said i need a battery, do these have a kick start backup? im bringing a compression gauge with me saturday to check it out, if it has a couple of burnt exhaust valves that would be ok for the money. Thinking about doing a cafe racer anyone know a good website for cafe parts?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
He said it runs and drives, also said i need a battery, do these have a kick start backup? im bringing a compression gauge with me saturday to check it out, if it has a couple of burnt exhaust valves that would be ok for the money. Thinking about doing a cafe racer anyone know a good website for cafe parts?
Hell Yeah! Been seeing some of these old CB's turned cafe racer and they are totally badass!

Start a rebuild thread here if you buy it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts