RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where i can order a full carbon fibre akrapovic from every site i go to there "out of stock"

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hey Kosmo...Akra stopped making exhausts a while back....sorry. They best you can do is keep an eye on ebay and other sites for someone to sell their old system. Good luck !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought something was up. I went to there site am nothing works. Thanks for the link but I'm set on carbon fibre

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I thought something was up. I went to there site am nothing works. Thanks for the link but I'm set on carbon fibre
I recommend the mufflers in titanium.
I have a full system with carbon mufflers.
When new or rebuilt, they look awesome, but you'll need to replace the sleeves over time as they degrade.

These twins are hard on carbon mufflers and they form cracks over time.
The rebuild kits are around $530+. And there's no guarantee they will continue making them over time.

The mufflers with titanium sleeves will last practically forever. Only needing occasional repacking.
That's why I'm trying to replace my carbon sleeves with titanium.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
that and if you are dead set on Akrapovic, this is really your only option. This is the first brand new system i've seen in years and they do not pop up used very often either. You will have a really hard time finding them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything. On my bike is black. I sent in my rear sets and passenger pegs for powder coat so theres not many shiny parts. That why I want carbon fibre

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
you may want to look into other systems then. Maybe Yoshimura or Jardine.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
its too bad its not an SP1, i have a set of carbon Ethos for sale.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Subsailor's advice is right. I replaced my sleeves twice before getting fed up of discolouration and cracks. With Titanium sleeves there's no problem at all.
Sometimes function is better over looks...

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Subsailor's advice is right. I replaced my sleeves twice before getting fed up of discolouration and cracks. With Titanium sleeves there's no problem at all.
Sometimes function is better over looks...
I preferred titanium mufflers when I bought the system, but carbon was all they had in stock during the closeout.
I got the system at $400 off their cost plus free shipping, so I couldn't complain too loudly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts