RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My decade old Akra mufflers are beginning to look like they could use a refresher. Rather than redo the CF I would like to re-sleeve them in Ti. Is there a reliable resource that I am not aware of, other than the $250 kits I have found...per can, that can supply the sleeves for me?

I really don't want to all out replace them with another kind of muffler unless I can do it inexpensively, this came up as I am in the process of preparing for a fresh coat of paint, etc.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,483 Posts
I'd contact a local bike shop to have them contact Parts Unlimited to see if they can cross reference the replacement Ti muffler sleeves.
If your mufflers are part of a Akrapovic full race system, they use 500mm sleeves (carbon or Ti).

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I came across the PU stuff late last night. I'm gonna have to call them and see what kit is what as it's impossible to tell online.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome!

I have the system with the full Ti header and 470mm cans (had to go check and remeasure...it's been awhile).

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Harris performance in UK supplied my sleeves & packing kits with new stickers, rivets, etc. All original Akrapovic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts