RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking for a aftermarket seat, so my ass is not numb. . . Corbin, Sergent, etc. . . let me know if you've seen one on a bike or for sale in a post, I have been looking every freakin where. . .

I can even swap someone's bike with my stock seat (+ money on my part) if they are willing to sale just the seat. . . pm me

:):):):):):):)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have A nice Corbin for mine. I ride the track only. Make me an offer. Its Perfect. I'll also trade plus cash.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Contact (phone only) www.tonyarcher.co.uk & he can retrim your original seat with gel contours and leather, even 2 tone, etc. if wanted for less than $150.00. Better than the Corbin I have (Too heavy!).

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I'm in Japan, so wouldn't be a good middle man. Just had a VFR seat re-trimmed by Tony Archer. Bought it from Erubbish(bay), sent to him then had a buddy flying back to Japan after Xmas bring it back for me.

Just call him using Skype (For cheapo intl. calls). Check the time difference using google :)
Tony talks with a northern accent but is a classic hard working Brit who drinks tea and goes home at 5. He doesn't do computers, as he's at the workshop all day.

Send your spare seat to him & call him to arrange what you want done. A few weeks after he's had time to finish, call & pay and his wife will send it back to your US home address. Not that difficult, really....
Everybody on the VFR UK club says good things about his work and he's not expensive either. Neither's shipping for an original RC51 seat. USPS Priority Intl. will do.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
You should ask RidersDiscount and STG what their best price is. Honestly, I only paid a little over $200 to get my new sargent seat delivered to my home. Rule of thumb I discovered through research, people who weigh over 200lbs., tend to favor Corbin. I weigh about 190+ with gear, Sargent is more comfy for me. I found that most lighter riders liked Sargent better. They complained about Corbin being to hard.

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Corbin Seat ready to ship. It is heavier than stock, it is also vastly more comfortable than stock. Never owned a Sargeant seat. They look good. I ride six or eight year old bikes and usually Sargeant has gone out of production. Never checked with them for RC. Bike came Corbin equipped. Reverted to stock seat since its lighter and I rarely sitdown for more than a few seconds at a time on track. Wood love to sell it...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Corbin Seat ready to ship. It is heavier than stock, it is also vastly more comfortable than stock. Never owned a Sargeant seat. They look good. I ride six or eight year old bikes and usually Sargeant has gone out of production. Never checked with them for RC. Bike came Corbin equipped. Reverted to stock seat since its lighter and I rarely sitdown for more than a few seconds at a time on track. Wood love to sell it...
post some pix, (pix worth a thousand words) and how much are you asking for it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Getting some pics together

Right on, agree A few pics are worthy. I'll post up a new thread for the seat in classifieds and a link to it here soon. It'll be $150 or $170shipped methinks... Not ripped BTW like the latest ebay sale was... Perfecto and comfy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts