RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for aftermarket shock

Hey guys, I'm looking for a rear aftermarket shock. A spring for a 180/185lb rider is preferred, but I might be inclined to change the spring if the price is right. I would prefer an Ohlins HO204, but am open to other ideas. I'm looking for a shock with High & Low speed compression, and length adjustment. I need a shock that is in good condition, but if it has a scuff or something I'm not worried. I am happy to pay a fair price for the age and condition of the shock, but I don't want to pay an unreasonable price since new shocks for the RC51 have gone way down recently. Example; (I don't want to pay $750 for a well used Ohlins when there going for $950 new.) If the shock is dated and needs to be serviced then please reflect that in the offer, but if it has been serviced please provide proof. Send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Good luck with this one, think you're going to have a problem finding the proper spring rate...but best of luck.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with this one, think you're going to have a problem finding the proper spring rate...but best of luck.
Ya, that is what I am expecting as well, but throwing a different spring on most aftermarket shocks is easy. I have done this with other shocks, and most aftermarket shocks will allow you to release the preload before it runs out of threads, but I would rather not pay $80 for a spring. Wish me luck lol.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Ya, that is what I am expecting as well, but throwing a different spring on most aftermarket shocks is easy. I have done this with other shocks, and most aftermarket shocks will allow you to release the preload before it runs out of threads, but I would rather not pay $80 for a spring. Wish me luck lol.
If it comes down to finding an Ohlins and needing a spring swap done, I can help you out. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts