RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking ahead with my intended use of the original front end from my RC51 onto my VFR next year.

I really like the original RC51 kill switch & throttle assembly & fancy a faster throttle on the Viffer too.

So I'm seeking a non faded (Only the Duck likes PINK!) kill switch and throttle assembly, if anybody has these let me know please!

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kwtoxman. That's good to know.
BTW, my new wheels might be here before the end of the year and if so, I'm hoping to find a day to fit the new front end...If not, then not long into January I'll get this done. Then the bits you want + the bolts, etc. we discussed should be ready to go to you. Not a lot longer now to wait, I think... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can buy new here probably cheap too, but just wanted to see if anybody's got these things sitting gathering dust from a part out...

If not, then I'll buy my RC51 a new switch and use the existing one on the VFR and find a throttle somewhere. Doesn't need to be from an RC51 I suppose.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks James, but I'll be using either a Rizoma or an HRC throttle tube. The idea is to make the throttle faster on the Viffer. I have to twist my wrist too much... well, I don't really I suppose - would just like to twist less, so there's less roll-off when braking & blipping for down-changes. I like the HRC throttle tubes on the RC which is I guess what you have too, buddy. :)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Thanks kwtoxman. That's good to know.
BTW, my new wheels might be here before the end of the year and if so, I'm hoping to find a day to fit the new front end...If not, then not long into January I'll get this done. Then the bits you want + the bolts, etc. we discussed should be ready to go to you. Not a lot longer now to wait, I think... ;)
I was so there on the original timeline. But within 1.5 hrs of your email moving the timeline significantly I purchased the parts from another source. And it wasn't pretty for me. :(

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Hey man DH, talk to us about Dymag! I hope it is working out from one canuck and RC51 enthusiast to another. :) I so wanted them on this latest sale, but life can be cruel.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was so there on the original timeline. But within 1.5 hrs of your email moving the timeline significantly I purchased the parts from another source. And it wasn't pretty for me. :(
I didn't move the timeline significantly the delay was due to not being able to work on the bike before Xmas -
Anyways I no longer need to consider your needs for brackets, bolts etc., right buddy.
It's a weight off, as I don't like to keep people waiting without necessity. OK - No worries, glad you got sorted out on this anyways. :)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
It was significant to the original expectations (before christmas with over a month lead time) and also the delays would cascade on my end. No need to dissect. Long gone now so don`t worry about it

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Not sure whats going on with this, But The Stig is #1 in my book.
He has done so much for me it is absolutely dumbfounding to say the least about it all.
Been waiting to scoop his Disca' calipers for a year now.
No rush here. ;)

Dymag... more on that later. ;) 2014.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Not sure whats going on with this, But The Stig is #1 in my book.
He has done so much for me it is absolutely dumbfounding to say the least about it all.
Been waiting to scoop his Disca' calipers for a year now.
No rush here. ;)

Dymag... more on that later. ;) 2014.
I don't mind waiting for stuff, it never bothers me. It must be getting onto a year since I first spoke with Atif about having his old tank & fairings. I don't know if he's managed to send it yet or not. I know he's more concerned about it than me. Someday it'll be on it's way, or maybe it already is - I know he has other commitments that take priority and I'm fine with that. Absolutely! And he knows I'm not stressed about it. I haven't even paid for them yet and he only expects me to do so when he asks. Same goes with the carbon fairing you'll be making Duck - Heck, I'm in no hurry. If it takes 2 years, so be it - I have a whole lifetime to enjoy the bike and it rides just fine!

The same goes for many of the parts on my bike and Carlos' too for that matter. If a project takes me 4 years to finish - heck, that's OK, there's always other things to do in life. Stressing about a project's the last thing I want to do, TBH! :D

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought a CBR1000RR throttle assembly (for the VFR750 project) and am about to order a brand new kill switch for my RC51, so I can replace the slightly faded one which will work fine on the VFR. Anybody know where the best place to look for an HRC throttle tube would be, please? :)

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts