RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought the RC right before the winter, its an 01 completely stock, looking for exhaust and most likely a fender eliminator. anyone have exhausts for sale and what other mods should i do to a completely stock SP1?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins-classifieds/87209-f-s-sp-1-sato-ti-ovals-sp-2-k-factory-slip-ons.html

Snag the Satos. Rare for SP1! and one of the best slip-ons available.
I have Sato, and I LOVE them!
I believe Duckhunter also has a set Mori's for SP1. Absolutely top quality exhaust as well.

You could also do a sprocket change of -1+2, or -1+1. That'll make it a lot more real-world friendly. I feel like the stock 16/40 sprockets are just to tall for the street.
Then concentrate on suspension. Get a good rear shock, and have your forks re-valved and springs for your weight. Ohlins, Penske, RaceTech, are good names. Just do a search for *suspension* and you'll probably find more info than you can read in a day.
These bikes really wake up when you get good suspension. Night and day difference!
Until you have the money for the forks, you can change out the fork oil for fresh and that will make a difference too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jondog i couldnt open the link for some reason? and makis, i see that post has been up for quite a few months now, have you lowered your asking price? by the way i see you live in greece im in Virginia Beach, how much is shipping to the US?

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
jondog i couldnt open the link for some reason? and makis, i see that post has been up for quite a few months now, have you lowered your asking price? by the way i see you live in greece im in Virginia Beach, how much is shipping to the US?
I think you mixed up the member and the country.
I live in Greece and the whole package shipped to US is $540.

Jondog9 lives in US

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe cause of my work comp. ill try it at home. and for the sprocket change, im pretty sure mine is the 16/40 stock for the bike and i feel like my 2005 CBR1000RR is more torquey then this. i love the V-twin and the look but wheelies or mainly everything is easier on my 1000rr. the sprocket change would again help keep the torque and the front wheel down correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maki i opened up a link that showed it on your bike and it does look real good. will those connect to my pipes i have now?

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
maybe cause of my work comp. ill try it at home. and for the sprocket change, im pretty sure mine is the 16/40 stock for the bike and i feel like my 2005 CBR1000RR is more torquey then this. i love the V-twin and the look but wheelies or mainly everything is easier on my 1000rr. the sprocket change would again help keep the torque and the front wheel down correct?
No, the opposite. Torque seems to come in earlier in the revs because your making it easier for the engine to rotate the back wheel. Mileage will suffer by a very small amount, wheelies will be much easier, and your speedometer will be off by approximately 10 to 14% over actual. Speedohealer will cure that.
Most members here have done the sprocket change, although, you'll find many different combinations. LDH (of KyleUSA) says he sells more -1+1 sprocket/chain sets than any other combination.
I think -1+2 is the next most popular, followed by -0+2 or -0+3. But that's speculation based on reading these forums for the last couple years...
Talking about sprockets, lot of us have also converted to 520 instead of 530 chains/sprockets. You loose about 2-1/2 lbs. of rotational mass if you combine that 520 with a good quality (like AFAM) rear aluminum sprocket.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
maki i opened up a link that showed it on your bike and it does look real good. will those connect to my pipes i have now?
The TwoBros slip ons system uses a unique connecting pattern with the mid pipes so you cannot use any other mids but their own ones, as far as I know.

http://www.twobros.com/Exhaust/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm gunna look into it and I'll let you know. I dont need them to connect to the cans just my pipes.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
I'm gunna look into it and I'll let you know. I dont need them to connect to the cans just my pipes.
Sorry. Didn't get that.
If your pipes are OEM SP1's, they'll plug'n'play in 5 minutes ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome I gotta look into customs stuff too. My father n law said all shipped stuff from outta the us has to go threw customs so I'm gunna see what I gotta do for that and I'll let you know, but I'm interested

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Awesome I gotta look into customs stuff too. My father n law said all shipped stuff from outta the us has to go threw customs so I'm gunna see what I gotta do for that and I'll let you know, but I'm interested
Ok. Just keep in mind that these are not new and I am not a shop.
I am a private seller and the package can be described as a gift if you like. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice ive been asking around and most people say putting gift is most likely the safest route. i should have the money in about 2 weeks so ill PM you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts