RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since retiring from the motorcycle business I support my piggy’s constant need for titanium and carbon fiber by working on suspension and learning about it. Took on a 2011 GSXR600 with leaking fork seals but couldn’t find a manual to download for free. Have rebuilt a BPF before and have the tools but can’t seem to find the fork oil level spec. I thing that might be first year Suzuki put those on the 600. So 2012 likely the same. The Dave Moss video on BPF rebuild shows setting the level with spring guides and spring installed but no seal head or valve installed. I’m thinking it’s around 120mm but would like the official spec. Race Tech shows 120 but they give that for a fork rebuilt with their parts. So would be great if one of y’all has the numbers. Bueller? Class? Anyone? 😳

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the dealer says it’s 120mm and that was my guess based on the measurement before tear down but don’t give quess credibility until I get some additional confirmation. Big piston forks seem to have a little more static friction than conventional cartridge forks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Verified the 120mm figure so didn’t bother with gixxer forums.. Last time I checked them out there was more than the usual amount of motorcycle misinformation. usually I can find a free manual to either download or view but I struck out this time. All good now bike together & guy down the road until I get parts for his 2000 GSXR750 which I do have a manual.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Verified the 120mm figure so didn’t bother with gixxer forums.. Last time I checked them out there was more than the usual amount of motorcycle misinformation. usually I can find a free manual to either download or view but I struck out this time. All good now bike together & guy down the road until I get parts for his 2000 GSXR750 which I do have a manual.
Sounds good. Wasn't trying to be an ass but I figured with how popular the gixxer's seem to be (at least used to be), thought it would be an easy find!?!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its all good. I probably should have tried them but I’ve found unless you’re a member and familiar with the blog then it’s hard to know if info reliable. This blog seems better than most but there’s a few on here that have helped folks with info or guided them thru trouble shooting issues that really impressed me. We have some really great members here and that’s why I asked the question here. I did a web search but kept getting results for the earlier bikes which did not have the big piston forks. The other issue was measuring fork oil level with these forks is different from earlier style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts