RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for mid pipes and cans to connect to Akrapovic header. I understand that slip on mids will require some work to make fit but feel confident I can make them work. What really would be great is actual Akrapovic mid pipes or Ladybird pipes. If you have any ideas give me a shout. :D

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
If you do not find any donors here, on eBay you will find the Ladybirds that fit your mids there.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
If you do go the Ladybird route, I would recommend contacting Simon directly on this forum.

He might even have some used stuff that will work too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On a budget

Was hoping to resurrect some used ones to save some cash. Hard to justify some of the ebay prices when I purchased the bike for a great price. I understand the materials are first rate but a muffler system that is over half the price of the bike is beyond my current means. I have a Jardine 2 into 1 on the bike with a generic can that serves my purpose for now. I will wait for the right opportunity to come along.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If he does that would be perfect.

If you do go the Ladybird route, I would recommend contacting Simon directly on this forum.

He might even have some used stuff that will work too.
If he does I would be interested but I'm sure as fast as I've seen parts snapped up here on the forum my chances are slim. I did see someone on here had adapted an Akrapovic can to the jardine and I really liked the finished look alot. May look into that option as well and sell or trade the header.

Thanks much

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
You can shoot him a PM and see what used stuff he has...as I know he has a few things available (not just Ladybirds).

If not, something will pop up soon enough...they always do.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
If he does I would be interested but I'm sure as fast as I've seen parts snapped up here on the forum my chances are slim. I did see someone on here had adapted an Akrapovic can to the jardine and I really liked the finished look alot. May look into that option as well and sell or trade the header.

Thanks much

There are a few members here with multiple cans/mids sitting around...the hoarders will eventually chime in.

I think even one of our Northern brethren has a slightly rashed set available?

Good luck with the hunt.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looking for mid pipes and cans to connect to Akrapovic header. I understand that slip on mids will require some work to make fit but feel confident I can make them work. What really would be great is actual Akrapovic mid pipes or Ladybird pipes. If you have any ideas give me a shout. :D
Righty-ho,its like this. Ring akrapovic USA in the l.a. basin (I found the no and posted it for "nobody" on speedzilla in his akrapovic mids wanted thread,you know the one that started world war 14 between him and "duckhunter") when you eventually get someone to answer the fone,it took me about 6 goes ova a coupla days,they will be able to sell you mids! The only caveat is they actually have to make them before you get them,they sell them retail thru a shop in the area the name of which escapes me. The price quoted was $235 US for a lhs mid so I'm thinking probably $500 for both.
The thing is if you cut up slip-on mids to fit a set of akrapovic headers,which protrude further out than oem AND are a different diameter,you'll be comprising the benefits that both akrapovic and ladybird have both strived to achieve at considerable expense from an r&d standpoint!
Any quality 60mm canister will slip onto your akrapovic mids,currently there is a very nice sato carbon 60mm on evilbay for $250 or best offer,ti-force do 60mm quality Japanese outfit,there will be others.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Righty-ho,its like this. Ring akrapovic USA in the l.a. basin (I found the no and posted it for "nobody" on speedzilla in his akrapovic mids wanted thread,you know the one that started world war 14 between him and "duckhunter") when you eventually get someone to answer the fone,it took me about 6 goes ova a coupla days,they will be able to sell you mids! The only caveat is they actually have to make them before you get them,they sell them retail thru a shop in the area the name of which escapes me. The price quoted was $235 US for a lhs mid so I'm thinking probably $500 for both.
The thing is if you cut up slip-on mids to fit a set of akrapovic headers,which protrude further out than oem AND are a different diameter,you'll be comprising the benefits that both akrapovic and ladybird have both strived to achieve at considerable expense from an r&d standpoint!
Any quality 60mm canister will slip onto your akrapovic mids,currently there is a very nice sato carbon 60mm on evilbay for $250 or best offer,ti-force do 60mm quality Japanese outfit,there will be others.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. I understand the compromise I will be getting. Am looking for the largest lightest pipe I can find. As this bike is for pleasure riding when the itch to go fast arises I feel the minimal gains on a basically stock motor won't be missed. If I could find a good stock headpipe with no rot and a good slip on system I would dump this header. I bought it without thoroughly investigating the hassle of finding the mids. Lesson learned:eek:. This restoration has been a learning process in who to turn to for advice. So good some not so good. Again Thanks for the info I do appreciate it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the info. I understand the compromise I will be getting. Am looking for the largest lightest pipe I can find. As this bike is for pleasure riding when the itch to go fast arises I feel the minimal gains on a basically stock motor won't be missed. If I could find a good stock headpipe with no rot and a good slip on system I would dump this header. I bought it without thoroughly investigating the hassle of finding the mids. Lesson learned:eek:. This restoration has been a learning process in who to turn to for advice. So good some not so good. Again Thanks for the info I do appreciate it.
Anytime dude,not so long ago an akrapovic header set,with no mids,sold on this board or 'zilla,$600 I think?,so you could just resell your set and use the cash towards your chosen route.
Did you buy the ladybird mids? that was a good price and if you have the time/money buy the carbon sato on evilbay then ring sato in NorCal and see what clearance stock they have,just measure very accurately what you already have, o.d., i.d., length,tip design,oval,round etc and then you'll have to drill out the rivets,rotate the sleeve,drill out the badge rivets,rotate the badge and reassemble the whole show.If you ask Mikiko really nicely she wil throw in a set of rivets for you.
Good luck and for the luv of god ditch the jardine junker,those things kill h.p.!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice. I have just purchased a stock headpipe on ebay. One finally showed up. The horse power as I have read is not that much of a gain anyway on a stock motor. This will give me a lot more flexibility in the direction I go. :cool:Going to put the Akrapovic back up for sale and then the Jardine. Watch for them and spread the word.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have Hindle High Mount mid pipes and two D&D pipes that need to be redone. They are fried on the inside, but great on the outside. I want the 2-1 exhaust, do you think we can work something out? PM me, or direct email at [email protected]

ALSO, can you tell me why you are moving away from the Jardine system?

I have found a new set of sp1 headers to piece back together my original setup with the D&D's and need to make a decision on the headers for sale fairly quick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts