RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need just the lower triple, even if the yokes are tweaked a little.
Just need the steering stem to be straight.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking for that all elusive SP1 lower triple.
If you know of one or have one, please let me know. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Ask Stig if you can borrow his from me, install a new stem for him and call it even.
Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Unfortunately Duckunter's old one he gifted me is already spoken for - as it's going on the VFR when I switch front ends from the SP2, which will be fairly soon...

I think I've seen a used one for sale here, but probably too expensive to buy & ship there - but if you get stuck, let me know and I can look into this for you.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I'd skimmed through the above and misunderstood - but Duck put me right when we spoke on the phone and explained what you're doing, sbkdrew.
If you want to borrow mine, remove the original stem, send it to ti64 and have your guy replicate it in Al 7075 and in the process install a new stem on mine before sending it to me, I'd be happy to do that. PM me and we can go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd skimmed through the above and misunderstood - but Duck put me right when we spoke on the phone and explained what you're doing, sbkdrew.
If you want to borrow mine, remove the original stem, send it to ti64 and have your guy replicate it in Al 7075 and in the process install a new stem on mine before sending it to me, I'd be happy to do that. PM me and we can go from there.
Ummmm.....read this part again. I think I got confused this time.

"If you want to borrow mine, remove the original stem, send it to ti64 and have your guy replicate it in Al 7075 and in the process install a new stem on mine before sending it to me, I'd be happy to do that." :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Lol !

Let me try a hand at this again.
:rolleyes:

Stig, Sbkdrew needs an sp1 lower clamp with sp1 stem.

He wants to remove the stem, to replicate it on his own means... not going through Ti64.

He will then be offering sp1 and 2 7075 stems.

I think by lending him the stuff...

If a 7075 stem found its way into the polished triple that he removed the stem from, then all needs would be met - and Stig would not only have a polished triple, but a new AL stem as well.

:):cool:

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, Thank you Duck. That's what I need.
I just need the stem to spec it out for machining ones out of 7075 for anyone who wants one.
And if I can get by without having to actually purchase one, that would be even more ideal.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Ok... So, Can the 3 of us ( Stig, Sbk, Duck ) Agree that,

I send this sp1 setup I have that now belongs to Stig...

To you Sbkdrew, You PRESS out stem NICELY... LOL

Do what you need to do...

And install a nice new 7075 stem for Stig...

Then mail off the Stig in Japan for his VFR project ????

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Thanks Duck. That would be an ideal scenario for me. Please work it out to send the bottom triple to Drew. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts