RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 track bike with arrow exhaust on one side and Morowaki on the other due to it haven’t gone down on both sides… Looking for a decent set of replacement pipes, would love bonsai mount but at this point willing to take what I can find (at a reasonable price). Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated, live in Seattle Washington USA.

·
Registered
2002 RC51
21 Posts
Hindle started making sets again, also check out Delkevic. They are currently making sets that are very reasonable.

My 02 RC i recently bought has the Delkevic and they are surprisingly nice.

·
Registered
2001 RC51, 2018 Aprilia Tuono
45 Posts
I've got a set of Hindle slip-ons waiting for me to bring the bike to their facility for a dyno tune. They're reasonably priced, though I went with brushed stainless on my track bike to keep it cheap and crashable. They also offer titanium and carbon for extra. Once they're installed, I'll be posting up some pics.

I looked for a while for something used, but on eBay it was all crash-damaged junk and here it's mostly beautiful exotica that is too nice (and expensive!) for my trackday hack. New Hindle was cheaper than the bend and dent specials on eBay and will be nicely durable/repairable. Lang Hindle is a Canadian racing legend, and is well known up here...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of these when you get a chance. I agree that it would be nice to have a source for something decent and replaceable for the track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 02 track bike with arrow exhaust on one side and Morowaki on the other due to it haven’t gone down on both sides… Looking for a decent set of replacement pipes, would love bonsai mount but at this point willing to take what I can find (at a reasonable price). Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated, live in Seattle Washington USA.
Hello, I don't know how you would go on regarding postage from the UK but have a look at MTC exhausts and SP engineering. Regards Andy.

·
Registered
2001 RC51, 2018 Aprilia Tuono
45 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of these when you get a chance. I agree that it would be nice to have a source for something decent and replaceable for the track.
They're ready and waiting for me (and have been for quite a while), but I needed some time to finish putting my bike back together (I did another thread on the build). I'm taking it up to Hindle for the slip-ons to be installed and for a dyno tune. They're about an hour and a half from where I live, and their dyno facility is as good as anything around.

Of course, now I'm going away on holiday for a week starting tomorrow, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I get this done. I'll try to get some pics of other cans and styles (they do a low and high mount) if I can while I'm there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts