RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. Let me know what you got. Im not interested in a rashed up beat up set but a nice used set. Minor blemished from normal use are fine.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Pm sent but I suspect that the shipping would kill it.
I was surprised when I sent my Yosh to NC and it was just over $50, but the carbon fiber hugger I got a quote for to go to VA was $44 :confused: I can't figure that one out.

I will get you a quote asap, they are boxed and ready to go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it. Let me do a bit of looking into Hindle exhaust and Ill get back to you asap(by tomorrow night). Been reading about how they compare in build quality, sound, and power on several sites. Id be interested in your opinion on how they stack up to your Satos as well in these areas.
Thanks for the quick replies!

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Build quality is very good...perfect fit. Awesome deep sound, I went with the supersport version which is quieter than the race (not by much). Trust me the race cores are very loud, not good where you can get ticketed. My buddies love the sound as it bounces off of the canyon walls.

As for comparison to my Satos...I don't know as I've never even ran them yet.:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is also the last of the micron stuff on Flea bay...those maybe mainly all show with little go though....
I saw those too but they are all SP1. Im not sure what the difference is yet(assuming its pipe diameter or mounting point and I havent had time to use the search for that,lol) But yeah Id like to get a nice bump in low to mid grunt. From what i understand Yoshis are pretty good there but Im still learning about this old girl and what she likes:D Iunderstnd that SATOS are top dog but they seem to be a bit difficult to come by. I saw a set of Wyverns on speedzilla....man those are pretty.,...and pricey:eek:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Satos in good condition are pretty pricey as well...you will have difficulty finding a set since they are no longer made and very desirable (not impossible) they just don't pop up everyday.
I'm pretty fortunate to have a couple different sets and setups (banzai/lowmount)...the carbon cans are now absolutely mint thanks to my good friend Duckhunter.
The Ti cans are not to bad either.:)

Sorry neither of those are for sale...:D Good luck finding a Sato setup I waited over 2 years it was worth it but frustrating none the less.

Or you can go Ladybird...but they aren't cheap either.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Satos in good condition are pretty pricey as well...you will have difficulty finding a set since they are no longer made and very desirable (not impossible) they just don't pop up everyday.
I'm pretty fortunate to have a couple different sets and setups (banzai/lowmount)...the carbon cans are now absolutely mint thanks to my good friend Duckhunter.
The Ti cans are not to bad either.:)

Sorry neither of those are for sale...:D Good luck finding a Sato setup I waited over 2 years it was worth it but frustrating none the less.

Or you can go Ladybird...but they aren't cheap either.
Ive seen the ladybird stuff and I cant say I like the little cans on the new ones. Love the TI but Im a form and function finatic. Not willing to sacrifice either. Are you sure you wouldnt part with a set of your SATO's? I mean really, how many exhaust setups does one guy need????:D

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Are you sure you wouldnt part with a set of your SATO's? I mean really, how many exhaust setups does one guy need????:D
With all the work that went into them, the hunting, searching, texts back and forth all over the US and Canada...I'm gonna say NOPE sorry.

Also IF I ever let one of them go someone already has called dibs. I don't want to say but his initials are DH.;)

If your patient something will come up...or do what most do buy something interim until the exhaust you really want comes up, buy it and flog the other.

You could always start hoarding stuff like myself and some of the others here but trust me hoarding is very addictive...just ask The Stig, Wingnutt, Duckhunter, Madbuyer, allchaos or Jondog.:D

Good luck in your search...I actually love searching for goodies for the bike, it's like a treasure hunt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like we are almost kin of sorts. The hunt is what keeps me going. I love deals and I love the score! I have to think if you have two sets there must be one somewhere for me:) In the mean time I have this really sweet set of Jardines. Complete with Shiite welds that have busted at some point and had an even shoddier weld done to fix. That aside, I do feel like the bike itself was a major score. So does my baby girl:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I think that is the same one from speedzilla. Beautiful exhaust but cant find any performance info. Any dyno charts or experience with these by anyone?

Yup its the same one:
http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins-classifieds/71070-vtr1000sp2-wyvern-high-mount-slip-ons.html.
If you have the money I would seriously consider these pipes...rare and all Ti. Why have a system that everyone else has? This is a beauty and if I was in the market I would seriously consider these. The welds are beautiful and it probably sounds wicked and if you look at the tapered mids I'm going to say they most likely make power too...

Simon is a good guy and his pricing is fair...like I said about my Sato carbon Banzai mount I don't think I would ask much less than the Wyverns and they are both made in Japan.:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts