RC51 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Longtime rider from Avon Ohio. Looking to get back in the saddle after a few years off of a bike. I have owned a few air cooled Ducs and think it is time I give an RC a try. I am looking for that just right deal on a clean SP2 that is not located halfway around the worlds from me and that is clean with nice mods and is priced to sell. Let me know what you have :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

I have the SP1, 2000 model, so a bit of an old girl now, but she has a stonking engine!

Not as quick as the modern litre bikes, but it still goes like a stabbed rat and the torque out of corners is awsome! And then there's that exhaust note .......:D

Wouldn't get rid of mine now, I am sure you will enjoy RC ownership :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going next Saturday to take a look at an 03 a few hours away from here. Hopefully she will be as nice as the owner says.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Avon, OH

I can't help you with the bike but you caught my sight because I ride through Avon when I go to Cleveland from Chicago, I have a ton of friends in Cleveland and thus the trip is taken a bunch. Do you have any fun routes in that area, if so please post them on my online map here ( allstate insurance route map ) or at (allstate insurance motorcycle ). I am an affiliate of allstate and thus I use their sites for maps. Good luck on your bike.

David Lipsky

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ride through Avon when I go to Cleveland from Chicago, I have a ton of friends in Cleveland and thus the trip is taken a bunch. Do you have any fun routes in that area,
David Lipsky
No routes yet David. I am fairly new to the area and have not had a chance to ride around here at all yet. With that said I have bicycled everything within a 200 mile radius of the area so I know in what direction I want to head. Ill have some decent routes figured out come spring and Ill update you then.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

I have the SP1, 2000 model, so a bit of an old girl now, but she has a stonking engine!

Not as quick as the modern litre bikes, but it still goes like a stabbed rat and the torque out of corners is awsome! And then there's that exhaust note .......:D

Wouldn't get rid of mine now, I am sure you will enjoy RC ownership :)
Another owner of an SP1 w/25k on the odometer..and I've gotta say that I've ridden I4s (06 zx10, 06 R1, 07 R1, 929) for 5 years before switching to the 51. Not as quick is not really a good statement IMO. Maybe it's my 51...but I'd say with confidence that my 51 will hang with any liter bike till about 130 mph..maybe 135...then the I4 walks away. But these twins are pretty quick. They are definitely not slow...

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Looks like it has a pair of Sato slip-ons.
They have a really nice sound to them.
Hope you got a good deal.
It looks very well kept and not ridden very much.
Except for the pipes, it looks totally stock. Even has the peg feelers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like it has a pair of Sato slip-ons.
They have a really nice sound to them.
Hope you got a good deal.
It looks very well kept and not ridden very much.
Except for the pipes, it looks totally stock. Even has the peg feelers.
she has a few miles but very well cared for.
Sato's ans a PC3 are the extent of the mods which is the way I like it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts