RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I got a SP1 that I use for track. It got HRC pistons,camshafts, valves ++, durbahn airbox and i got the akrapovic race exhaust. I bought this bike in august 2011, i've tested it once. before you are allowed to race or go to a practice you have to measure the DB before go on track, they measured my bike to 107 DB! with some modified baffles that the previous owner put in, they doesn't fit 100%..

does anyone else have these problems?
any tips?

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Hello

I got a SP1 that I use for track. It got HRC pistons,camshafts, valves ++, durbahn airbox and i got the akrapovic race exhaust. I bought this bike in august 2011, i've tested it once. before you are allowed to race or go to a practice you have to measure the DB before go on track, they measured my bike to 107 DB! with some modified baffles that the previous owner put in, they doesn't fit 100%..

does anyone else have these problems?
any tips?
That sounds about right.:D What is the dB limit?? If the cans have any age to them, they can be repacked, which will help.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Which cans do you have on the exhaust? I own a S-hawk with the full system.. Ride two up, often (wife).. To quite the Carbon cans down - a little R/D found that with a set of Yoshimura {TRS-INS-BK} inserts
1) take the insert ring and grind the outside part of the ring to fit inside the Akra outlet on the can.
2) drill the hole in the outlet/for the retaining screw.
Using the {TRS-INS-BK} is the "bend" in the Low volume insert.
Works extremely well...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which cans do you have on the exhaust? I own a S-hawk with the full system.. Ride two up, often (wife).. To quite the Carbon cans down - a little R/D found that with a set of Yoshimura {TRS-INS-BK} inserts
1) take the insert ring and grind the outside part of the ring to fit inside the Akra outlet on the can.
Works extremely well...
this seems to be the solution, I asked the akrapovic dealer, but i´m waiting for reply. i don´t think they made any db killers for the sp1 exhaust, i will call the yoshimura dealer tomorrow and see if they can help me, thanks for quick reply! now i´m hoping to get the bike finished, but first of all the snow has to go:p

and oh, i repacked one of the exhaust, i think this also will help for the sound.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Works extremely well...
Awesome!
......... didn't know that Yoshi fits Akras .......... total globalization :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Awesome!
[didn't know that Yoshi fits Akras .......... total globalization :rolleyes:
Well this doesn't just POP together.. If I could figure out how to post pictures/ I would show you the final product.. The grinding of the insert ring is the most of the job. Make sure the ring is completely round/ fits snug (with anti-seize)

I have done all the contact and research for you.. I work for a Honda dealership.. And have a direct line to Yoshi... They are going to tell you -you can buy the kit {TRS-INS-BK} which can be found on E-bay..
Let me know if I can help in any way..
If you PM me a e-mail address.. I send you photos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts