RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bike setup and out for a few runs already but there is a pretty noticeable dip on the power right around 4800 to 5700 rpm.

If I roll on slight shutter if I twist the throttle quickly there is the very noticeable snatching in the throttle response.

SP2 flapper and pair mods done, Sato lows with a banzai length can (waiting for my full length cans to get back) brand new pc3 USB with canned map off of Rouge for bike and proper exhaust, Sato low map SP2.

Anyone have a better map or a suggestion? Mechanically the bike is sound new air filters and a strong battery. All grounds are good.

Could I just richen the values at the rpm range from the software and just reinstall?

I know I need a tune its just not gonna happen by this weekend.

Suggestions?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No trouble....keep me posted on how she runs now.
Ok so after a slough of canned maps and one off of Rogue I finally have a map that doesn't want to buck me off between 4800/5800 rpm.

Madbuyer sent me a couple of maps first one a Sato map still no love...second one a Ladybird map.

Voila' the LB is a fine map for my RC...pulls strong and smooth through the whole rev range. Just waiting to get a tune!

Thanks Madbuyer for the maps anf for putting up with my emails...

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Ok so after a slough of canned maps and one off of Rogue I finally have a map that doesn't want to buck me off between 4800/5800 rpm.

Madbuyer sent me a couple of maps first one a Sato map still no love...second one a Ladybird map.

Voila' the LB is a fine map for my RC...pulls strong and smooth through the whole rev range. Just waiting to get a tune!

Thanks Madbuyer for the maps anf for putting up with my emails...
Ha, I just sent another over....no problem.;)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
y'all should know lb > sato now, in all things through all time. A'la the great white buffalo of hot tub time machine. :) lol

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
y'all should know lb > sato now, in all things through all time. A'la the great white buffalo of hot tub time machine. :) lol
meh.....fit and finish Sato vs LB.....I choose Sato all day. LBs are nice....may be Akrapovič nice, but not Sato nice.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
meh.....fit and finish Sato vs LB.....I choose Sato all day. LBs are nice....may be Akrapovič nice, but not Sato nice.
Thanks MB I was thinking the same thing...well I'm going to put the Satos, your map
and my Ramen Rocket through the paces today.

With Duckie not mobile yet, a buddy and I are off to do about a 500mile road trip/loop of some of our favourite canyon roads.

Just having some coffee and breaky then I'm off!

Peace!

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Satos, new Q2's, Braketech irons broken in...the bike ran flawlessly, the suspension is very very well sorted and she stops hard enough to flatten your eyeballs.

As for the Ladybird map? Well the bike pulled hella strong throughout the whole rev range and in any gear and it got 130+ miles to the tank...how can you go wrong?

As for the 15/41 gearing I'm wondering why I didn't do it earlier, the bike rode like a raped ape!

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry dude I never got any texts today at all...happened before on a weekend and then Monday rolled around and I got like 40 all in a row.

It looks like I gotta call TELUS...dude you should have been there the bike and the roads were sublime...

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Sorry dude I never got any texts today at all...happened before on a weekend and then Monday rolled around and I got like 40 all in a row.

It looks like I gotta call TELUS...dude you should have been there the bike and the roads were sublime...
Bwwwahahahahaha....technology is great, isn't it.:rolleyes::D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts