Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to all for their entries for the May 2017 Bike Of The Month (BOM) contest!! No further entries are allowed at this time.
For those who missed the entry period, please try again next month.

Now it's time to vote which bike should receive BOTM for May 2017.
The following entries are:

(MrB)

CloudDomino

PaloAltoK5

·
Registered
60 Posts
As of today, my RC looks TOTALLY different...lol. Too bad, guess I'll enter the new look next month!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I like it Cloud ! Are those Chinese plastics or OEM painted ? If Chinese how are they holding up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually a mix of both.
The tank and front fender are custom painted to match. The front, sides, and tail are overseas special. Surprisingly they actually are really good quality and have good fitment. Everything looks good and the clear coat on all of it is quality. The only issue I've had is on full lock to the right the little metal bracket on the clutch reservoir brushes the inside of the front fairing, but not enough to scratch it.

But for a little over $600 I was definitely impressed. Just had to get the seat cover and wheels powder coated to match. I do still have all the originals I plan as using for track fairings. It's been converted over now for a little over two years and still looks good both up close and from distance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
nice to hear that the fitment was good on the fairings. i just got mine shipped this week and am anxious to get them. i did a lot of looking at the types of materials and how they were built before i ordered.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think it's hit or miss. I might have just got lucky. I've heard some of them need fanegaling to get them to fit right or match up. But went into it knowing worst case scenario I would have some Repsol fairings for the track.

What design/style did you go with? Expect them to take awhile to arrive.

·
Registered
238 Posts
ha, funny were talking about this. my fairings just came in. upon inspection i found a crack in the nose and they gave me the wrong tail (i wanted a solid tail with no door). i did get extra pieces though (vcowl, undertail, windscreen) that didnt ask for, so i think they gave me the wrong kit. i got an all matte black set because im wrapping them anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think it's hit or miss. I might have just got lucky. I've heard some of them need fanegaling to get them to fit right or match up. But went into it knowing worst case scenario I would have some Repsol fairings for the track.

What design/style did you go with? Expect them to take awhile to arrive.
Yeah, definitely hit or miss.

My nose cowl was cracked too, sure to be due to poor packing/handling. The rear cowl mounting holes were off a bit. All of the mounting holes were undersized for the OEM mounting hardware. The nose cowls undermount was a bit off, and the mounting points in the nose for it also did not match up at all. THe side fairings bottom mounting tabs weren't drilled at all.

But, with some patience, shoe goo or plastic epoxy, and a good hand held reamer, I was able to make the necessary adjustments and get it all fixed and mounted. I knew it was a risk going in. I too got the extras that jgspecial mentioned, so I have some spares, and two full sets OEM plastic as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts