RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :D

I'm an occasionally-mature English dude who's been living & working close to Amsterdam for the past decade for ... shall we say 'horticultural' reasons ;)

I've been riding, on & off, since the seventies. Started in a former quarry near my Uncle's house on his old BSA Bantam. I did a handful of clubman races in my youth, a few track days since. Had my share of disagreements with the authorities over 'speed limits' too!

Something over 4 years ago, after a succession of super-cheap GPz900s blew up under me, I raised the finance to get a 2001 SP-1 with 15,000 km on the clock, on the advice of a dude they call 'The Honda Guru' around here.

It was love at first sight!

The bike I've dreamed of since I was a teenager.

30,000 km later, she is still a joy to ride.

Here's a photo of her:-

She's standard except for

• LeoVince pipes (no baffles)
  • Braided steel brake & clutch lines
  • Xenon headlights
  • Foam grips
Here's a short YouTube clip I shot last year on the roads I grew up on. I have others but I'll post then in the appropriate place, this is just a teaser to introduce you to 'my style' ;)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Dude....your driving on the wrong side of the road.....:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shoot, dude...

Have you any idea how hard it is to swap from left-hand driving to right-hand and still "ride it like you stole it"?

Me, I prefer it when you can use the WHOLE road...

"The shortest distance between two points may be a straight line - but the fastest is a racing line."

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I agree....the whole road would be nice. The only place I see that happening is the Isle of Man:D

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
That just f'ed me up! It felt so counter-intuitive to watch from the birds eye view like that. Whoa... I was a little nervous just watching it. :D
But I sure loved not seeing any solid yellow lines :D :D
Good vid, Welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That just f'ed me up! It felt so counter-intuitive to watch from the birds eye view like that. Whoa... I was a little nervous just watching it. :D
But I sure loved not seeing any solid yellow lines :D :D
Good vid, Welcome.
Thank you!

F'ed up was just the effect I was going for ;)

But 'birds eye view'???

Cam was mounted on the horizontal fairing brace so it's pretty close to the eyeline of a skinny git with his chin on the tank. Thanks to 10 years of fine Dutch & Belgian beer, my eyeline NEVER gets that low!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Thank you!

F'ed up was just the effect I was going for ;)

But 'birds eye view'???

Cam was mounted on the horizontal fairing brace so it's pretty close to the eyeline of a skinny git with his chin on the tank. Thanks to 10 years of fine Dutch & Belgian beer, my eyeline NEVER gets that low!
More like bugs eye view, huh? Still fighting off the vertigo! :D
Gonna go check out your other vids...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts