RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to mention to this board, one of our junior members, Wicked_Fast, passed away on Monday 10/15.

I got to know W_F, Dustin Lee, on fireblades.org for a couple years, then on facebook. He was a young and loving family man, with a beautiful wife who is launching a photography business, and two little children. One of whom was born recently and struggled for life in the hospital for nearly a month. Fortunately baby Lee pulled thru.

Dustin and I exchanged many posts about the RC51. He had one some years ago, but got hit by a motorist which totaled the bike. He looked for a replacement RC51 and saved money for the next few years. Then one lucky day, he finally found the perfect one. He bought it and named her Eleanor.

About a month or so after he bought it, he parked it in his driveway one night, and the next morning it was gone! Dustin was frantic. He started asking neighbors if they'd seen anything, and it paid off. Somehow he discovered that some guy was seen pushing the RC51 down the street. With some follow-thru, and some bravery, he located the home it was stashed at, confronted the tenants, and got his bike back from their garage. As far as I know, he did this unassisted from any cops. Whew!

Dustin was a very devoted family man, leaving behind his wife and two children.
He had climbed up in a tree to adjust his kid's swing, and somehow fell out of the tree, landing on his neck and breaking it causing instant death. A terrible tragic freak accident.
Dustin died a hero in my eyes, his last moments were committed to an act of love for his kids.

RIP Dustin Lee

Here's a link for anyone who would like to contribute to the surviving family...

http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundraiser/support-love-for-jaime-emma-ayden/248372

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
That is terrible to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I agree with you, "Dustin died a hero in my eyes, his last moments were committed to an act of love for his kids."

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
:eek:
Oh my gosh. That's terrible! RIP to a fellow rider and family man.
May you ride through the streets of Heaven!
Many prayers out to Dustin's wife and children.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
very sad news, i saw this on fireblades too. RIP Dustin

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Tragic story. Sorry to hear of this.

Makes me very thankful for every second I spend with my family as they are my one free joy in life day in and out with no strings attached.
Hero he was indeed.

RIP

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
That's a terrible twist of fate. My thoughts go out to his family.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is terrible to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I agree with you, "Dustin died a hero in my eyes, his last moments were committed to an act of love for his kids."
Although the rest of my post were my words, I paraphrased the quote above from member Blunt on fireblades.org. I included it because it was so eloquently phrased and pretty powerful.

Anyone who wants to read the thread on the .org, it's title is "Member has passed away" in the General Discussion forum.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
RIP:(

I hope his family finds peace soon.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
My thoughts go out to his family , RIP Dustin

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
That's very sad news, Jondog. It's difficult to imagine what Dustin's family is going through with such a tragic loss. Our prayers go out to his family.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
RIP Dustin. You're family are in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Sorry to hear about Dustin's untimely death.
My condolences go out to his family.

Just as Luis Pernia (aka yummychef), perhaps we could collect donations and present them to Dustin's family.

As an unfortunate side note, a few years ago, one of my colleagues had climbed up a ladder to trim a limb on a tree.

While steadying himself by holding onto the limb he was trimming (yeah, I know), the limb suddenly let go, pulling him off the ladder where he hit the ground, breaking his leg.

Apparently a blood clot from the broken bone migrated to his heart, causing a heart attack and death.

You never know how it will come, so enjoy life while you have it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of his death. It's terrible at any age, but at a young age with young children and wife, so so sad. I wish his family comfort in their time of sorrow.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."

Farewell and rest in peace young brother.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts