RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Never tried Microsquirt, but I have a Megasquirt V1 2.2 on one of my cars. Pain in the ass to setup, but Megatune is super friendly when you get it all squared away. I don't know how much of a fan I would be using it on a bike though. I'm constantly fine tuning the thing, but I'm stupid picky about where I want my AF ratio to be. The timing curve I just set modestly so I don't have to worry about it, I have knock sensors monitoring the thing and I haven't ever had a problem, plugs come out great, low noise, and fantastic power and partial throttle.

I wont recommend it, but I wont stop you if it's what you want to do.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Never tried Microsquirt, but I have a Megasquirt V1 2.2 on one of my cars. Pain in the ass to setup, but Megatune is super friendly when you get it all squared away. I don't know how much of a fan I would be using it on a bike though. I'm constantly fine tuning the thing, but I'm stupid picky about where I want my AF ratio to be. The timing curve I just set modestly so I don't have to worry about it, I have knock sensors monitoring the thing and I haven't ever had a problem, plugs come out great, low noise, and fantastic power and partial throttle.

I wont recommend it, but I wont stop you if it's what you want to do.

Hey AC!

Im kinda curious as to what kind of engine/ECU modifications you have on your RC51?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I built a MegaSquirt 3.0 for my 5.0 Ford Ranger.I have since sold it and using the Ford ECM with a piggyback ECM.I do remember a guy that had one on a TL1000 I think.Contact Matt at diyautotune.com
BTW,It's fairly complex to tune,atleast for me,but the sky is the limit to what you can do with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts