RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Surprised no one has mentioned these new minichamps 1/12 VTR1000SPW bikes (maybe they have but happy to have one personally so thought I would show it off)

been waiting about 2 years for these to be released(suppose to be available about 2010 or so...)

shitty photos but awesome to hold(very heavy and good detail-better than some Minichamps I have seen)
Guy on Ebay UK called Cheap diecast models has them at the best price,and very fast shipping

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's nice to be able to check out the most perfectly designed bike ever created(imo-still looks amazing even after 13 years)

that's a special Honda element that no other bike maker possess
For example-RC30,NSR250(all years)CBR900,CBR600 and 1000RR

They always have the most talented designers,and created something unique everytime
the RC211V for exampe)

But the VTR1000SP is their crowning achivement-especially in works HRC trim

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The attention to detail is incredible.
The removable fairing, the oil filter, texture differences between cast and extruded frame sections, etc.
How much were they?

And what's the story of the bike it's sitting on?

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The attention to detail is incredible.
The removable fairing, the oil filter, texture differences between cast and extruded frame sections, etc.
How much were they?

And what's the story of the bike it's sitting on?
about 64 pounds shipped
ahh,my CBR900...

Made by Ladybird and Spiralspinner as a showpiece for Spiralspinners import business,and I bought it in 2004(and have been showing it off ever since..)

Very very trick bike-swingarm was about 5000us(from segale in italy) one off Paioli 56mm forks and triples(for this bike only-maybe forks used on Bimota etc but the triples are a one off by them)
KAD monobloc 6 pot pistons calipers(English maker mainly making car stuff these days)
HRC magnesium front wheel (from an RC30) and PVM magnesium rear)
has a kelvar tank but I ruined it by sanding it too much and it started to leak so threw it away(should have tried to seal it but too late now...)
NSR500 replica bodywork by airtech USA
RVF400 headlights
FCR carbs and forged 954 high comp pistons
all bolts etc(including engine internal ones) are HRC souced titanium
one off ladybird exhaust(made from many many separate pieces-like your HRC ladybird one but more intense) and then polished and blued)
Harris rearsets
Ohlins rear(was a Mupo but that was too soft)
tachyon(HRC supplier) clip ons
titanium front axle-from Febur I think
Harris rearsets(dont like them much-satos would be great if they were in gold
Italian sourced front and rear huggers
HRC RC30 kit rear axle ( expensive and billeted from moylbendum steel-very tough material to machine...
Brembo race iron floating discs
cowling and fairing stays made by Ladybird(hand bent tubing-fill with sand and bend)
weight is 165kg
one off radiator(I thought it was a ZXR400 one,but ladybird said it was made by a japanese company for this bike-but nothing special)

power and torque is awesome-and sound is amazing
and the FCR's are great-very fast repsonse and sound great(open bellmouths-no airbox)
but alway stink of petrol after a ride due to this,and carb's need to be rejetted in winter and summer.Plus the bike is a real bitch to start-high comp pistions/FCR carbs (those A123 battery cells are a godsend for this)

also the frame and wheels were painted in a oven baked powdercoating finish I believe.

In 2005 I met the designer of the CBR900RR Baba san,and he was very impressed with it.

will stay with me until my death.
as I got it in red with the kevlar tank

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
got it painted black,installed the stock tank and slowly perfected it(lots of little details etc-re-routing the harness,rewiring an HRC start switch,new active throttle many different mufflers etc...

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Thats a SWEET bike Simon, DROOLING =P"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You know b.miller is gonna hate on it right....all that gold !!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a SWEET bike Simon, DROOLING =P"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You know b.miller is gonna hate on it right....all that gold !!!! LOL
few people don't like the colouring-wife says it looks like a bumblebee...

reminds me of the old JPS Lotus F1 cars from the 70's

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Looks great, Simon. That's a beautiful machine - Would love to see that in the flesh someday and you probably have other cool bikes too!

My guess is you're somewhere near Kobe and I don't get that far on the RC51 (Although my wife's from Shodoshima and I hope to ride there someday, if she'll do a solo drive in the car with the kids). We're 25 mins S.E. of Narita so if you're ever in the area would be nice to meet you.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
id love that fairing kit for my rc51, tyga used to do one but not any more. just love that single head light look
That is the exact look I am doing with the race glass kit I just got. Single projector style headlight to one side. Not sure on left or right side yet.
I had carbon headlight fillers before, then got a ticket for not having a running light. removed one and ran the left head light. Then had my lowside, the front cowl was destroyed when the bike rolled over. Now I am going to run a race upper with a single light, with a belly pan setup and race tail. Should be cool.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
That is the exact look I am doing with the race glass kit I just got. Single projector style headlight to one side. Not sure on left or right side yet.
I had carbon headlight fillers before, then got a ticket for not having a running light. removed one and ran the left head light. Then had my lowside, the front cowl was destroyed when the bike rolled over. Now I am going to run a race upper with a single light, with a belly pan setup and race tail. Should be cool.
what places still do the endurance single light fairing? cant find'em anywhere:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts