RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How's it going gentlemen (& Ladies)?
As some of you may know I was (still am ha) in the process of finding an RC for myself but 3 weeks ago someone brought it to my attention that there was a mustang GT for sale that needed a trans.

So 3 weeks ago I went to look at it, Started it up, Drove it a little (1st & 2nd slip bad) but all in all I had to bring it home, I've always loved this bodystyle and loved the 4.6L's snarling growl.

So without further ado here she is, Pretty stock, Could use a full body makeover but all in all worth the price.

[Day I went to look at it]

[Home]

[Moonlight shot from Wednesday night]

As of right now all it has is a K&N Air filter and 3" Flowmaster 40 series Catback.

Main plans for it are:

Manual Swap.
99-01 Cobra Front Bumper.
Mach 1 Grill Delete & Chin Spoiler.
Saleen rear wing.
Bullitt Pedal Covers.
Headers.
X-Pipe.
Borla Stinger catback.
Black housed headlights.
LED Sequential Taillights.
01-04 Dual Din Conversion.
H&R 25-35mm Wheel spacers (Rear)
New Window Tint.
Various decals (Hood stripe, Rocker stripes, Etc.)

Something like I'd like it to look afterwards:

And that's pretty much it, Still aiming for the RC before work begins here because well... A cage, No matter how cool or fast, Can ever replace a bike. :cool:

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'll have a repsol replica sp2 mostly stock for sale by the end of the month....see it in botm contest...wont have mori on it but otherwise close looking....18k engine..smooth, no issues...NH 2004-4500

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish, haha.

I wish I could sell my current daily and get an RC but I need it until I have the RC ;)

This thing has been tucked away in the garage for the next few weeks, Supposed to be some bad weather rolling in soon, Gives me time to work out a few small kinks to get it ready for a new trans.

Sp, Got any pics of your mustang to share?

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Mustang v RC51???

I'd say that's MAJOR setback... ! :D:D:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a question for you guys, Do you think someone would trade me a decent RC for this beast? All it needs is a new trans and it's good to go.

Having trouble selling my other 2 cars and pulling together the funds needed for my gear and everything and it's killing me, Riding's in my blood and I haven't been able to ride for 2 years. :(

Haven't got my mind set on it but as time goes on it's harder and harder to live without a bike so the sooner the better. :)

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Wishful thinking, I think! Fix it quick, sell it and buy an RC51, hopefully making a little profit along the process. That's the (much faster) way forward on 2 wheels. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you gentlemen.

I believe in that case I'll just toughen up and stick it out a little longer.

I like the mustang so I think once I've sold my other 2 cars I'm gonna sell my daily driver as well, The attention it gets is... Less than desirable, The mustang doesn't really attract a noticeable amount of negative attention.

The daily in case anyone's interested:

I didn't put the ricer cannon on it, It came with it and I just never changed it, I actually need it down here in the south, Sort of like a "Loud pipes save lives" kinda thing. :eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little update since I'm still lurking.. Waiting for the big day.

Got some stuff, TR3650 trans from an 03 mach 1 with ~90k miles and a steeda shifter.

Picked up a tail light for cheap to replace the cracked one.

Cobra twin to my GT :)

A moment of silence for a lost Mach 1 :(

(This isn't the one the trans came from btw )

So yeah, Still gathering parts, Still longing to get back on a bike, Trying to stay focused on this little project, Although, I kinda think I'm gonna sell it and buy an RC
Riding for ~15 years straight and then just being bikeless for 2 years sucks. (._.)

·
Registered
237 Posts
From the looks of it the only thing salvageable on that car is the fuel filler cap.
I'm liking your choice in cars though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aye gentlemen, I've been slacking, Jk, Just been super busy with all the things, Still find time to lurk, Still dreaming about that one special RC. :rolleyes:

Got some billet goodies and a top end rebuild kit.

I got it in the shop Saturday, Heading out in the morning to begin the tear down. :cool:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
What have you got done to the red '99 snake in the garage? That wasn't your Azure Blue Mach 1 as well, was it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thankfully not, I mean, I'd love an azure blue mach 1 or any color mach 1 for that matter haha.

That red cobra was at a shop in kodak TN, I picked up my transmission from them, Great guys, Hard workers, Fantastic pricing!

It was missing most of its front end.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ever just start to fix one little thing and then just... rip apart the whole thing and rebuild all of it? :eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

And I just put a new radiator in it yesterday^

So yeah... lol

I still want an RC, Still lurking, but for the time being I'm still tied up with this. Thinking once I'm done breaking it in and finishing the final details I could sell it for say 6000 and buy a nice Sp2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts