RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a month now since I picked up my girl. Been a very fun month!

I have done the flapper mod, pair mod, new brake pads, oil, loaded a map to psc3usb, HRC wheel stickers (sweet!) Cleaned and cleaned and now I'm one happy dude.

Exept I dont like the stock mirrors. When I'm riding all I see are my elbows and I really dont care for the looks of them either. What are my options for some mirrors? I have had bar end mirrors before on some old two stroke cafe bikes but I have yet to see some on a modern bike.
I dont care for the turn signal mirrors and I dont wanna use the spacer plates to get something besides elbows in view. Gotta be some cool stuff out there but I have yet to find it in the mirrow dept.

And one thing I noticed too.... Bike up on front and rear stand.... Went to spin front tire and noticed there is quite a bit of resistance. How free should it be? If I do a wheel of fortune spin I get a 1/4 rotation. Seems a little stiff.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
i would like to know as well, any mirrors from any other bikes that fit/ looks good?
The RC51 uses the same OEM mirrors that originated back to the 1999 CBR 600 F4 as you can tell by the 3 letter code in the middle of their part number
88120-MBW-023 Left B. Mirror Assy
88110-MBW-023 Right B. Mirror Assy
but I believe that OEM mirrors from the 2000 CBR 919 and 2003 CBR 954 would fit on the RC as well.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
The RC51 uses the same OEM mirrors that originated back to the 1999 CBR 600 F4 as you can tell by the 3 letter code in the middle of their part number
88120-MBW-023 Left B. Mirror Assy
88110-MBW-023 Right B. Mirror Assy
but I believe that OEM mirrors from the 2000 CBR 919 and 2003 CBR 954 would fit on the RC as well.
You're right on - they are identical. I kept jacking my buddy's 954 mirrors till I finally bought my own.
The CBR1000rr mirrors do have a longer stem, but they angle downwards and look a little off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts