RC51 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Ha! Castrol must have heard about Mobil-1's sale, so Castrol stepped up and took another buck off. Cool. As I remember earlier, Madbuyer had the castrol at ~8.33/qt? Over the internet. Easier for me to stop in and pick it up.
Think I'll go stock up for my next oil change and try the Castrol.
That gas and time has to be worth the difference.:D

Mr. USPS will deliver that case right to my door.;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, most of you are running 10W40? I just bought mine a month ago and haven't had time to change it yet but was looking at Meijer the other night. They have the Mobil 1 10W40 4T which is what I have always run in my VFR and Triumph. I always ran 20W50 in my v-twins but as stated earlier, that is for slower revving motors for the most part. What is recommended by the manufacturer?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
As a side note on oil, we recently bought a nice used 2010 Honda CR-V and it came due for an oil change.
I was amazed the engine uses 0W20 synthetic.
Now that's some tight tolerances when it uses 20wt at the top end.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
eleman - The factory owner's manual calls for 10w-40 engine oil. :)

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
So, most of you are running 10W40? I just bought mine a month ago and haven't had time to change it yet but was looking at Meijer the other night. They have the Mobil 1 10W40 4T which is what I have always run in my VFR and Triumph. I always ran 20W50 in my v-twins but as stated earlier, that is for slower revving motors for the most part. What is recommended by the manufacturer?
There is no need to run 20W50 in the Mid West really. 10W40 will do just fine and is recommended by OEM.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts