RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to check if anyone might be interested in my revalved front forks. I may upgrade my SP2 with the new Ohlins road and track forks. I say maybe as there is no direct replacement available as far as I can see. HM Racing here in the UK are looking into available options. If it is doable I may go ahead and replace the front end. My current front end has been revalved with K-Tech internals and modified Style and Performance radial fork bottoms. It sounds way over the top I know to spend yet more cash on an ageing bike:D. But hey I will never sell this bike anyway. So any interest out there?

·
Registered
728 Posts
You can use fgrt forks for a Kawasaki zzr1100 I believe the 814 or 817 can't remember but search a thread about suspension under me as the op and all the info is there!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your reply. I will have a look at your suggestions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey plastic, sent you another PM. You still interested in selling those forks? Never heard back from you. Just found out today that my lower tubes are pitted pretty badly so I need to replace them anyway. Let me know

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
You're nuts, plastic maggot...
After all that work, you'd sell them & start again? :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You're nuts, plastic maggot...
After all that work, you'd sell them & start again? :D
Well yes I agree. But I think I am nuts anyway having spend more money on the bike than it is worth. I have Recently "invested" in a set of Ladybird HRC replicas from Simon.....
Will it ever stop? Maybe a set of O.Z. wheels next...:D
The forks thing is on hold anyway as it is well nigh impossible to get a new set of ohlins R&T forks on the RC51. :mad:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Well yes I agree. But I think I am nuts anyway having spend more money on the bike than it is worth. I have Recently "invested" in a set of Ladybird HRC replicas from Simon.....
Will it ever stop? Maybe a set of O.Z. wheels next...:D
The forks thing is on hold anyway as it is well nigh impossible to get a new set of ohlins R&T forks on the RC51. :mad:
Why the hell not?...The kind of guys (read you, me, gts and I could rattle off 10 other guys just on this site) that throw money at our beloved RC are the same type of guys/gals that are going to do it anyway.

They/we do it cause we can, want to, have nothing better to throw your dollars at and/or just can't seem to leave well enough alone.

Whatever category you/we fit into you/we would probably do it to most any thing and you/we probably do.

I know my RC isn't the only thing I'm throwing money at...but it's the one thing I love throwing at the most.

Can't wait to see what you got planned next plastic, whatever it is.

Same goes for whoever else on here that has a build going on or whatever we love reading it so keep it coming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts