RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I know this was on my Goldwing, but it's more for the scenery than what we were riding. Besides 'she' don't get to ride on the RC ever;) These were taken in Glacier Park and on the Going To The Sun Road. Dodgy looking group I know but what can you do with a bunch of greaseball Wingers?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spent 3 days in the Kalispell MT area, and then we departed for home up through the Kootenays and the Icefield Parkway to Jasper Park and then on towards home. Missus doesn't ride much anymore so had to break the stints up to keep the peace. Covered just over 2000 miles (3000 km) in the 5 days. Pretty good for her really, she isn't the traveller I like to be.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The weather for the most part was awesome, sunny and hot all the way down, and while we were in MT (95*f every day) and travelling home into Alberta unitl the last day, then the rain opened up on us. 42*f and pouring at the Icefields! Was worried it might actually snow but it didn't. Sure buggered the photo ops on one of the country's most scenic highways though. Just wish there had been the chance to be riding this on some of those roads (sigh)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
That's about as good as it gets! Great pictures. Huge, isn't it? :D
I visited Glacier National Park a few times as a kid growing up in Montana. I remember that going to the sun hwy well as a 9 year old kid. :eek:

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
I love Jasper...Myette hotsprings road, Maligne lake road and the Edith Clavelle ski mtn road are my favourites. Sorry if I mis-spelled the names its been about 10 years since I've been up that way.

Great pics!

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it was a great trip. My wife and I hadn't been up the Icefield Parkway together since our honeymoon 31 years ago (I've been on it several times by myself since) so it's a bummer that the weather went down on us. But four hours of rain over 5 days and 2000 miles is nothing to whine about. It's the first time other than our Ireland tour that I have gotten her out on a bike vacation since '95. That in itself was a victory for me...and her too.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Nice pictures and glad you had safe travels.....I see some place I need to visit some day. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts