RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I appreciate all the input from you guys on this topic already, but now I have new questions. I looked int the Sato's, unfortunately, they are nearly as much as the Gilles gear. So that rules them out.

I went to Vortex website, because I had them on my last bike, and couldn't find anything for my SP-1. Does anybody have any info on if Vortex makes rearsets for the RC?

Also, I was looking at a set of Attack rearsets, nearly $400 dollars, but look like quality. Anybody running these? Anybody heard anything about them?

Also, last time I asked for info on clip ons. I got some feedback but not much. So what clip ons are you guys running? Stock? Vortex? Sato? Gilles?.......

I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy a set of the Gilles chain adjusters and lifters, they are spendy, but I can't find any other companies that makes them. And I don't want to drill into my swing arm to install bobbins.

So, you guys have been great help so far and I hope to squeeze a little more info out of you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Gilles chain adjusters and lifters sound like a good idea, I might have to look at a set myself as myn is an 01 also. What are they worth ruffly?

·
Registered
422 Posts
If i where u, get it from thailand..saw it at ebay....very nice, they have gold, red & black colour for the rear set...best part is cheap & strong...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Careful with the gilles lifters! There is talk over on Speedzilla of a few members who said they bend, causing there bike to fall over.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks janjayand. That is interesting. I will look into it.

Mighty max, thanks for the advice, but I would like to stick with a mainstream manufacturer, in case I need replacement parts or have fitment issues etc. I appreciate the input though.

Anybody have anything else on rearsets? I think I would like to go with Vortex, but I am having a hard time locating them new. Any help appreciated.

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
Careful with the gilles lifters! There is talk over on Speedzilla of a few members who said they bend, causing there bike to fall over.
I have the lifters on my 01 and I've had no issues with them bending even with my 200lb ass sitting on the bike (while on the stand).

BTW, unless they changed the design, you still have to drill and tap your swingarm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts