RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 rc51 and love it i have fmf powercore 2 ti exaust power commander III usb and k & n air filter flapper mod is done to the bike and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get a little more power out of this thing without redoing the whole motor? i'm planning on building the motor when i get the money but kinda strapped right now any idea's would be awesome

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do you have the PAIR system installed still? Power is not that big of deal.Weight is a big issue. I was thinking of FMF cans. How do they sound and do you have pics with them on it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i will have some pics of the exaust by the end of the week for you and basilly i would like just a little more power to make wheelies easier i know that sounds funny but i'm a rather small guy i am only 5'7" and weight about 130 lbs and i was wondering about the pair system but could someone point me to a good place or give me good directions on how to take care of that problem thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yeah i will have some pics of the exaust by the end of the week for you and basilly i would like just a little more power to make wheelies easier i know that sounds funny but i'm a rather small guy i am only 5'7" and weight about 130 lbs and i was wondering about the pair system but could someone point me to a good place or give me good directions on how to take care of that problem thanks
Am I reading this right??? Your 5'7" and weigh 130 and wheelies are hard for you???:confused: Your bike might be broken if it won't wheelie for you easily. I'm 6'2" 220 and I have no problems popping it up. I'm not a big wheelie guy but I don't have trouble raising it. I agree change your gearing and if your still having problems buy an I4

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol thanks for that i already owned a I4 and love the rc more it wheelies good but it just seems like i got to musle it up in second gear i don't do clutch wheelies cause i don't like them i'm talking strictly power wheelies. i heard of an airbox mod to give you a couple hp it that something i can do or do you have to buy a aftermarket airbox

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hoping someone could tell me how to do the pair system mod and what i need for it also thinking about doing the soft rev mod and and just curious anyone who has changed thier gearing how much is your speedo off cause mine is 10 mph fast (reads 70 when doing 60)

·
Registered
16 Posts
:mad: sounds like a squid and we are about to lose another rc51 to the dumbass stunt club. RIP RC51.

if you want to wheelie get a bike made for that. Suzuki GSXR, R6, R1, CBR. NOT A RC51, this bike was made for racing, NOT STUNTING.

dumbass

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, I don't race my RC. That must make me a dumbass! I don't wheelie it either. I have never been able to do wheelies on any of my sportbikes.
But if some one does occasional wheelies on their bike, I have no problem with that. As long as they not endangering anyone but themself. I doubt he dented the tank in, added a 12 o'clock bar,and rear brake lever. Most people that own an RC51, know they don't make good stunt bikes!

·
Registered
162 Posts
:mad: sounds like a squid and we are about to lose another rc51 to the dumbass stunt club. RIP RC51.

if you want to wheelie get a bike made for that. Suzuki GSXR, R6, R1, CBR. NOT A RC51, this bike was made for racing, NOT STUNTING.

dumbass
Don't sugarcoat it. Tell everyone how you really feel.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i don't race my bike but doing wheelie isn't stunting i did stunt my gsxr and sure it's fun but the rc isn't made for stunting but it has a super sweet balance point and just cause someone does wheelies don't make them a dumbass not to be mean or make enemies but i love ridin on one wheel what can i say

·
Registered
863 Posts
Well, I don't race my RC. That must make me a dumbass! I don't wheelie it either. I have never been able to do wheelies on any of my sportbikes.
But if some one does occasional wheelies on their bike, I have no problem with that. As long as they not endangering anyone but themself. I doubt he dented the tank in, added a 12 o'clock bar,and rear brake lever. Most people that own an RC51, know they don't make good stunt bikes!
The only problem with this statement is 90% of the time someone does a wheelie it is endangering everyone around them. I have a feeling this guy isn't going to a contolled environment and popping it up. He's doing it out on the closest major road or highway and in front of girls every chance he gets.

well i don't race my bike but doing wheelie isn't stunting i did stunt my gsxr and sure it's fun but the rc isn't made for stunting but it has a super sweet balance point and just cause someone does wheelies don't make them a dumbass not to be mean or make enemies but i love ridin on one wheel what can i say
You are wrong my friend very very wrong.....Wheelies are as much a stunt as the day is long. You can ride on one wheel all you want but every time you talk about it your gonna get flamed. Again its a race bike for the street. They're just not meant to be ridden up on one. But good luck to you my friend and I'll be keeping my eye's open in the for sale thread after you wreck it and decide to part out whats left of it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
while wheelies might still be a stunting how ever there is a different between doing a wheelie and stunting a bike. and if wheelie are so bad how come u see race bikes doing them all the time after a race and while some people might do wheelie to impress gurls how ever i pefer to do them somewhere where if something goes wrong it is only my life and body to be injured not anyone esles not everyone is the same and everyone is entiled to their own views but i do not judge people for what they do and if you all want to judge me for doing wheelies that your own protigitive but my question is how is railing corners on a rc any more dangous than me doing a wheelie even if it's on the track you go down you could take other riders with you

·
Registered
16 Posts
most people who own a RC51 don't do wheelies on it. For one, this is a very rare bike that was built for one purpose, RACING. We should be lucky that they actually released it to the public. You don't see the new Honda race bikes available for the public and probably never will. This bike is in all aspects a race bike with turn signals. The guys who do use it as a race bike, for the most part do it on the track, They respect the bike and what it means to have this part of Honda history. I am not going to say i am perfect by any means, i was young and dumb like you at one time, but thankfully grew up before it was to late and i thankfully did not hurt anyone. If i wanted to race my RC51 i would do it on a track. If i wanted to do wheelies and other crap, I would do it on a closed course somewhere, but not on a RC51. Like others i will wait for you to trash it, then wait till you part it out. Yes, you do see pro riders do it (ON A CLOSED RACE COURSE). are you on a race course when you are doing this. when you do this or any other stupid trick on on any bike on the open road, you are putting other people in danger.

Just my 3 cents.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gobi,
15/43 gearing is your answer.

For what it's worth, I don't do wheelies. I also don't race... or pose... or polish my frame... or wear a WW1 German soldier helmet when I ride... or wear flip-flops... or sport a leather vest with my crew's logo on the back...

But I see people do it all the time, and I just smile and wave. My philosophy is: do whatever you want, so long as it doesn't affect me. And afford me the same courtesy in return.

So Gobi nuts! But don't hurt anybody else.

Eric

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Gripper and i do respect others and and thier views and don't try to dis anyone for what they do and just to empize there is no bike on the market designed to do wheelies no maunfacter has made a bike deciated to stunting or any thing else every i4 out there is consider a race replica and i am proud to own a RC it is one of my faviorte bikes ever and i maybe young compared to most of the riders on here but i have been riding sport bikes for over 10 years now and have rode many honda's and i am glad there is a bike that inspires this kind of deicition to the sport and the machine and the point i was making is that they may do it on a closed course but i own a rc and i know that most of you ride hard on the road as well as the track and takin corners hard is just as dangous as doing a wheelie and you are just as likely to hurt someone else doing that. i'm by no means saying that i don't rail corners on the street cause i do but just cause i don't just like to do one thing with a bike doesn't mean it's bad and forgive me for not being rich and being able to aford to have two bike i have to make due with just one. so all i say is to each thier own and may you all see many more days of ridin'

·
Registered
863 Posts
That was probably the longest sentence I have ever read or seen in my life.

If you don't mind me asking Gobi how old are you and where are you from? I'm not trying to be rude but your ability to misspell just about every other word and your lack of ability to form a sentence or pronunciate correctly is amazing. It leads me to believe that you haven't been riding for 10 years atleast street bikes anyways.

Do what you want bro just remember that if you treat your bike like a gsxr people are gonna flame you for it.

Also I would rather wreck pushing it around a turn doing what it was mean't to do then wreck it out doing a wheelie. People show alot more respect to you when you low or high side it rather than stunting on it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i am from Wisconsin and i'm 26 yr old and i'm sorry for my grammar and spelling. I never could spell and English never was my strongest subject. I do not treat my rc like my gsxr and i have low sided my gsxr and my zx6 that i had. Also I have brought a 900rr back over on top of myself and went over the bars on zx10. I have learned something from every accident. i still may not be a great rider but i respect my bike cause i have seen first hand what not respecting a bike can do to you. While I may not be the greatest rider i still strive to be the very best that i can be at everything i try. Now if you want to fault me for that, that is your prerogative. I agree that the RC was ment for racing however just cause i love the rc doesn't mean i should race it. Some people just aren't meant for racing. I simple love to ride and ride my own way and everyone on this forum does the same weather or not they say it. I say this because we all own an RC and the RC is a statement of standing out of the crowd, to be different. I believe it was you jgos929 that said that very statement in a different thread. When i come in to money i will buy a bike just for stunting but till then i'm stuck with one bike to do it all and as far as i know there really is no better bike to ride than a rc

1 - 20 of 42 Posts