RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum here.:)

I picked up a 2000 RC51 as soon as it was available, then a couple months later I ordered these "Limited Editon" Moriwaki high-rise slip ons. The story was as I remember that only 300 of these would be sold worldwide. After that run of 300 they could not be bought and parts could only be attained if you had the special numbered tag.

I've looked recently at Moriwakis offerings and it appears to me that they are selling the same rainbow titainium slip-ons.

Unfortunately, I ruined them by putting my bike into a canyon wall at a rather high rate of speed on my favorite riding road in southern KY.:(

I later got another RC (a Nicky Hayden '04) but had to sell it before I could look into getting a replacemet system.

My question is; does anybody know of these limited edition slip ons? I've been hanging onto them for the last 10 years to serve as painful reminder and thinking that there may be some value to them for somebody.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
its quite possible there was such demand for the rainbow coloured cans that moriwaki kept producing small amounts of them.
personaly id contact moriwaki they might have different core sizes to the ones you can buy now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't know about the rarity of the cans, but I do have a set of these Rainbow Titanium slip ons on my 01. I saw a set on ebay a while back for something like $1,100.00. Mine were on the bike when I got it, I love the look and the sound and if they truely are this rare I am even more happy with them. I will be curious to see what info everybody else has on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't know about the rarity of the cans, but I do have a set of these Rainbow Titanium slip ons on my 01. I saw a set on ebay a while back for something like $1,100.00. Mine were on the bike when I got it, I love the look and the sound and if they truely are this rare I am even more happy with them. I will be curious to see what info everybody else has on here.
Do yours have the serial numbered tag on the inside? If so, what number are they?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts