·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Should be stage 2, same as HRC.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From my understanding.... These would be for use with stage 2 or stage 3 cams - stage 3 being the race grind on the cams.

Subsailor would know more.... but there is a difference between stage 2 and HRC " race " cams. AFAIK.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
The stage 2 stuff is from the HRC complete racer. The HRC valvetrains like the one i have, are stage 2. The Mori cams are close copies of the HRC stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Whoever gets these, make sure you purchase titanium retainers to go with them. You can get them from kibblewhite.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The stage 2 stuff is from the HRC complete racer. The HRC valvetrains like the one i have, are stage 2. The Mori cams are close copies of the HRC stuff.
Hmmm, Interesting. When I had bought the engine kit sometime back - I was in contact with Dale Warren and Subsailor...

They both stated that the stage 2 cams and the " Race " grinds were different.

I wonder if one can ask Pete from Ti64 to make some :rolleyes:
I already am on this, just waiting for all the specs to give to Pete. He still has the HRC valve spring retainer I sent him.

Anyone knowing the specs of the retainers, please get in contact with me.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Don't about that part number, but the Moriwaki part number I have is 1470-
10172-00.
And they were twice as much as these springs at $650 (same as the HRC spring kit).

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Hmmm, Interesting. When I had bought the engine kit sometime back - I was in contact with Dale Warren and Subsailor...

They both stated that the stage 2 cams and the " Race " grinds were different.
Could be wrong. Dale would know better than i would. Although, i am almost positive what came in the HRC kit bike offered to the public were the stage 2 cams. Now the works bikes i'm sure had a different setup.

No way to tell for sure without measurements or part numbers to compare to.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
did a little research and looks like the HRC cam has a little more lift and the timing is different then the Moriwaki Stage 2. The Moriwaki was a re-designed HRC cam, that only required the valvetrain. I believe there were issues just running the HRC cam and valvetrain.....it was meant to be a complete motor build, the Mori cam was a tad bit mild to preserve engine life.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I am also coming up with a different product number for the Mori springs. Did moriwaki make an OEM replacement for there stage 1 cams? or could this maybe be a superhawk spring set?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts